1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Stop External links with low post count?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by SEOmers, Nov 28, 2013.

1. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

How can I prevent new users adding external links until they have a certain post count?

Also, can I set post count limits on certain nodes before they can post in it?

I think you can set disable posting until they get a certain number of likes?
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can accomplish both your restrictions via user group promotions and permissions.
  4. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

Thank you for you reply, I've been in those sections and can't see where to enter a post count limit.

It seems to be either on or off scenario but no function to enter a post limit
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You need to create a user group promotion based on post counts. Original group, revoke posting permissions. New group, allow posting permissions.
  6. Junedc

Junedc Member

can you please advise on step by step how to do it. there's a lot of selections (checkboxes) really in which i think only the developer can comprehend.
    that's why people normally people chooses spam plugin.
  7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Another set of usegroup just for the post count limit is overkill. Just use the addon suggested by Adam.
    Just my own opinion.