• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Stop All Caps Posts

borbole

With this mod you will be able to stop users from posting in all caps. If their posts will be made of entirely of capital letters they will get an error message informing them that that is considered yelling and therefore rude.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Stop All Caps Posts. There you can enable and disable the mod, enter your own custom error message that will appear to users who will post in all capitals.

You can also exlude groups and individual users from the all cap limit if you would like to.

You can exlude groups and/or individual users from this limit.

To exlude groups from the post count limit, go to User Group Permissions, choose the group/s that you want to exlude and under Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can bypass all caps restriction: Set it to yes and save the changes.

To exlude individual users from the post count limit, go to User Permissions, choose the user/s that you want to exlude and under Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can bypass all caps restriction: Set it to yes and save the changes.

For more info, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Price: 5 dollars.

Compatibility: It works with the latest versions of xenforo.

Payment: Only through paypal and it is non refundable. After I confirm the payment I will email you the mod file.

If you are interested in purchasing this mod then please contact me in private either here or at my own forum.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• Error Message-XenForo_1305381250499.webp
    Error Message-XenForo_1305381250499.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 1 Admin CP - XenForo_1307054464688.webp
    1 Admin CP - XenForo_1307054464688.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 2- Admin CP - XenForo_1307054713388.webp
    2- Admin CP - XenForo_1307054713388.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 71
Hi borbole, have you tried inserting some bbcodes and/or smilies in a post? What happen in this cases?
Sometimes the capitalization check fail if this elements are included in the post.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I WaS TO INSERT RANDOM LOWeRCASE CHARAcTERS INTO MY POsT MADE MAJORLY FROM UPPERCASE CHARACTERs

Maybe an option to automatically convert their text into lowercase?

Maybe at a later time.

Hi borbole, have you tried inserting some bbcodes and/or smilies in a post? What happen in this cases?
Sometimes the capitalization check fail if this elements are included in the post.

The all caps posts will still be stopped even if it will include smilies and/or bbcodes.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I WaS TO INSERT RANDOM LOWeRCASE CHARAcTERS INTO MY POsT MADE MAJORLY FROM UPPERCASE CHARACTERs

In this case the post will go through. It will be stopped only if the entire post is made of capital letters.

Top Bottom