XF 2.2 Still Show Thread/Message Count on Private Forum?

BryceW

Hello,
I have a busy forum where I want to hide the contents of certain nodes until members reach a certain requirement.

But I also want it to continue to show how many Thread/Messages are in there so they can see how active it is (and worth their while registering).

Is there a template change I can do (fairly familiar with template edits)? or even an existing Addon you know about?

1603928797979.png

I do understand that I can allow people to see the threads titles in threadlist and not see the actual content of the thread. Which would show the Thread/Message count.
I don't want the thread titles to be shown either so "full private with thread/message count" is what I am after.

Last edited:
Use usergroup promotions. Change these node permissions. View node is yes, View threads by others is yes but change view thread content to no. They will see the threads It will show how many threads and messages. Note: They will be able to see thread titles but not the actual content inside the thread until they register and reach the criteria you choose.

thread content.jpg

Use usergroup promotions. Change these node permissions. View node is yes, View threads by others is yes but change view thread content to no. They will see the threads It will show how many threads and messages. Note: They will be able to see thread titles but not the actual content inside the thread until they register and reach the criteria you choose.

View attachment 238592
Thank you, I discovered this was an option just a few minutes ago. Its a good halfway point, but I would like to hide the thread titles too.

Maybe but its beyond my knowledge. If you change view threads by others to no, then the amount of threads and messages won't appear where you want them to.

Top Bottom