XF 1.3 Still having trouble managing styles

Neil E.

I exported the style I'm currently playing around with. When I look at it using Firefox, the browser shows the message "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." The file contents look to contain the style properties, templates, and template modifications. Any ideas why I get that message?

No message when viewing the xml file using IE. Attached as text files.

Attachments

Agreed, I do use notepad++ and it is very handy. When I tried to attach the .xml file, the board indicated that .xml was not allowed. So I saved the browser views as .txt since they would upload OK. I hoped someone would have a quick look to see if any significant style components were missing.

Is there a way to attach .xml or should this be handled some other way?

I'm not sure I understand the problem.

Are you able to export and import the style?

You can't attach an .xml file here - it isn't an allowed attachment type. You can zip it and attach that though.

I can export the file OK. I'm just looking at it to understand the various parts of the file. I'm not convinced TMS is working right and I'm trying to use it to achieve template modifications per style. I may have to settle for using TMC only.

(totally forgot about zipping files, thanks for the reminder)

Attachments

After a bit more fiddling around, I'm wondering about template modifications made using TMC (XF core). If they are not part of a style, I assume they don't get exported with any style. How are they exported and imported (i.e. from test forum to production forum)?

After a bit more fiddling around, I'm wondering about template modifications made using TMC (XF core). If they are not part of a style, I assume they don't get exported with any style. How are they exported and imported (i.e. from test forum to production forum)?

As far as I know you'd have to create an add-on and associate the modifications with them, then export and install the add-on.

The TM system is not really built to modify styles, it's intended for add-on developers. Of course you can do it... but it does not export with a style.

Let's look at this a bit further. Say we have a big number of modified templates done by direct editing. How would these template changes be exported from a test forum and imported to a production forum?

Top Bottom