XF 2.2 Sticky sidebar: stick to bottom when scrolling down, top when scrolling up

JoyFreak

Hi, I currently have a sticky sidebar but been going out of my mind trying to work out how to make it stick to bottom when scrolling down, top when scrolling up.

I think this image explains what I want doing:
VAVaP.png

Any help would be appreciated!

In my opinion, it depends on the length of the sidebar content, if the content is bigger than the viewport, you can't paste the sidebar at the bottom when you scroll down and even when you scroll up. I just put a sidebar on my homepage and as the content is small this behavior doesn't occur. If i understand well your question ...

In my opinion, it depends on the length of the sidebar content, if the content is bigger than the viewport, you can't paste the sidebar at the bottom when you scroll down and even when you scroll up. I just put a sidebar on my homepage and as the content is small this behavior doesn't occur. If i understand well your question ...

Maybe seeing it in action might help you understand, look at Reddit's sidebar when you scroll up and down.

Also, ThemeHouse themes have accomplished this but I believe they use a lot of JS which I'm trying to avoid. Pure CSS only.

oh ok i see, nice sidebar that's true...
If you inspect rhe sidebar this is the css
CSS:
.sidebar {
    flex: 1 1 auto;
    position: relative;
    width: inherit;
}
Did you tried something like that ?

Top Bottom