1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Jobs has left Apple...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vincent, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

He hasn't left, he's now chairman.

Forsaken likes this.
  3. Vincent

Yeah okay what I meant to say was that he stepped down as CEO. He also was the "face" of Apple, which he (for now?) isn't anymore.

4. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Bill left Microsoft years ago and it did not collapse.
    (He remained as non-executive chairman)

5. Vincent

I don't think Apple is gonna collapse, it's gonna get stronger :D

kaoticnick and dutchbb like this.
  6. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Providing the keep innovating and their products work as well as they do, they'll be fine. :)

dutchbb and Vincent like this.
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

It's a shame it's probably because of his health.

8. Vincent

You can leave the "probably" out of that sentence :(

9. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

I can't imagine having his face showing on my iphone...

10. Vincent

Seriously? You've never seen the apple switching to Steve Jobs' head during startup?

Akela and GeeksChat like this.
  11. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member

I wonder if his resignation letter said, "iQuit."

kaoticnick, Akela, Peggy and 4 others like this.
  12. Floris

Floris Guest

I have no confidence that in the (near) future the company is going to be feeling more 'free' without the strict vision and goals that Jobs has and takes turns and paths that lead to a demise in quality, service and attitude.

Let's hope this great period that Apple has grown from a poor second choice to something great that has helped change my life a bit is a great example to other companies and in the future a good alternative for me to consider when it's time to leave Apple behind.

13. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Steve Jobs text was meant to say ; "I reign as CEO of Apple" Damn you autocorrect!

Apple are no doubt shocked to the core at this news ;)

Akela, Saeed, Vincent and 2 others like this.
  14. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

:ROFLMAO: gotta love autocorrect!

15. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Tim Cook is more of a dragon, if not the same than Jobs, IMO.

16. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

i think the only reason for apple succeed is because of this man and if he left apple would not remain the way it did for the past 20 years

Akela likes this.
  17. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Good news for competitors. The ones that are not currently being bullied sued by apple.

Forsaken likes this.
  18. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Yes, but Microsoft was not a company run by a singular vision; which has been one of it's downfalls. Microsoft has many divisions, with many leaders, and none of them which talk to each other. So often Microsoft's biggest competitors are other divisions within Microsoft itself (see: Zune VS Plays4Sure). Sure, Bill was a visionary, but Microsoft ran fine without him because of task delegation.

Apple is very different. Apple's entire business model has a singular vision, one defined and conducted strictly by Steve Jobs. Steve Jobs managed to figure out how to take sub-standard hardware and software and sell it to the masses at exorbitant prices simply by making the user experience better. Other companies are started to see the importance of emphasis on user experience and are following in suit.

However, Steve Jobs' vision also locked many users into the "Apple Walled Garden", so even without him, it could be a long time before Apple starts to degrade. I know a ton of people who finally break out of Apple's walled garden, only to find happiness in far superior products. (see: Zune)

Nick, Akela, jmurrayhead and 2 others like this.
  19. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

lol check out wiki

20. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Drops would be expected with this sort of announcement when it comes to any company just about. It'll return

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.