• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Steam Community OpenID Login

Hey DarkImmortal.

First of all-- great add-on.

Second, it would be nice if you added some error handling as far as bcmath is concerned. Just a couple
PHP:
if(function_exists('bcfunchere'))
would solve the problem of completely breaking the user page if a user doesn't have bcmath installed.

For me, it's enabled by php, but the module (.so) is not installed... so I'm in the process of doing that right now... although yum is being a prissy ***** at the moment. Some hullaballoo about dependencies ;)

Hey DarkImmortal.

First of all-- great add-on.

Second, it would be nice if you added some error handling as far as bcmath is concerned. Just a couple
PHP:
if(function_exists('bcfunchere'))
would solve the problem of completely breaking the user page if a user doesn't have bcmath installed.

For me, it's enabled by php, but the module (.so) is not installed... so I'm in the process of doing that right now... although yum is being a prissy ***** at the moment. Some hullaballoo about dependencies ;)

So THAT'S what I needed! Was wondering why this was happening haha, time to get that installed. Thanks.

So THAT'S what I needed! Was wondering why this was happening haha, time to get that installed. Thanks.

I'm not sure what server you're using, but I'm on a dedicated virtual server and --enable-bcmath was in my php configure command, so I was wondering why it wasn't working. Turns out the rpm for it wasn't included when it was installed. My server uses Centos 5.6, and the instructions here worked flawlessly for me: http://www.webtatic.com/packages/php53/

Normally, you'd install the php-bcmath package of whatever package manager you use. i.e..

Code:
yum install php-bcmath
or
Code:
apt-get install php-bcmath

I'm on a site5 shared hosting account and the 10 or so users we've let into the site thus far (they are creating content) are having zero issues with it. So I guess it does vary from server to server depending on how php is configured.

For us its working fine. I had one small error where steam didn't redirect me back to the forum after log-in, but I think it was an issue on their end and not ours.

Anyway, I'm opening the flood gates Friday so I'll let y'all know how it holds up for us and our user base. We're expecting an influx of users on Friday, so I'm sure I'll be hearing about bugs pretty quickly if they exist. ;)

Thanks again for this one Dark, it's going to be a big hit with our user base. I plan on integrating our site with steam in other ways in the future...but for now I'm just trying to get the place launched and keep the content monkeys hard at work. ;) I've been bent over a keyboard for two weeks working on this site. I'm real excited for Friday! ;)

I'm on a site5 shared hosting account and the 10 or so users we've let into the site thus far (they are creating content) are having zero issues with it. So I guess it does vary from server to server depending on how php is configured.

It definitely does depend on how PHP is configured, but for me, it WAS configured with bcmath support, but the module was not installed. That doesn't sound intuitive, but that was my situation. The solution was for me to install the bcmath module manually via my package manager (did not have to re-compile php, which is important). After that, everything was fine.

For those without PHP configured with bcmath support, though, you must recompile PHP to add it... pain in the ass, I know.

Something isn't working correctly for me. I've installed it correctly, but when I login at Steam, it returns me to my site with an error:

Error

A server error occurred. Please try again later.
Any idea how to fix it?

Something isn't working correctly for me. I've installed it correctly, but when I login at Steam, it returns me to my site with an error:

Any idea how to fix it?
Can you post a screenshot of this? (include the address bar in the screenshot-- block out your domain if you have to)

Any idea how to fix it?

I'm having the same problem with my site. :/

EDIT: Actually it doesn't even give me a chance to log in at steam, just flat-out gives me an error.

Installed on 1.1 B2 and get the following error upon returning to my website:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method NSFW_XenForo_DataWriter_User::setIdentity() in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/forum/library/Dark/SteamLogin/ControllerPublic/Kyouko.php on line 150

I see that it appears to be a conflict with the NSFW mod I have installed, I'll direct that author to this thread as well as I have no idea as to which mod would need to be changed to make this work.

Here also

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_DataWriter_User::setIdentity() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/csgonation/community/library/Dark/SteamLogin/ControllerPublic/Kyouko.php on line 150

EDIT: I assume this has to do with the Custom Profile fields and how they were put in place of Identity Services

This does not seem to play well with some other add-ons, particularly XenMoods and Ragtek's NUC. In both cases, it threw an error about the setIdentity line:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Ragtek_NUC_DataWriter_User::setIdentity() in forums/library/Dark/SteamLogin/ControllerPublic/Kyouko.php on line 150

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenMoods_XFCP_DataWriter_User::setIdentity() in forums/library/Dark/SteamLogin/ControllerPublic/Kyouko.php on line 150

This does not seem to play well with some other add-ons, particularly XenMoods and Ragtek's NUC. In both cases, it threw an error about the setIdentity line:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Ragtek_NUC_DataWriter_User::setIdentity() in forums/library/Dark/SteamLogin/ControllerPublic/Kyouko.php on line 150

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenMoods_XFCP_DataWriter_User::setIdentity() in forums/library/Dark/SteamLogin/ControllerPublic/Kyouko.php on line 150

Did you try the fixed version a few posts up?

D'OH.

I just figured out what I did wrong. I had an existing SteamLogin folder. In it, I now found the uploads folder AND a SteamLogin folder. I went for the stuff in uploads.

My mistake. I apologize.

Top Bottom