Lack of interest Starters - add icon on thread lists and/or add as New search

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Morgain

Finding what is genuinely New is surprisingly difficult. That is Starters, or new Resources.
The only way is to check New Threads or the Recent list.

But this requires plodding through a mass of other, updated threads on these lists, most of which is clutter to any one user perception. Threads which are of no relevance turn up over and over again as clutter, over weeks, months even years.
The number of replies is not always a good indicator as some starters gather replies extremely fast.
Sometimes I just want to run a quick check - any new Starters? Not available to me.
Sometimes I want my Watched updates AND Starters. Only occasionally do I need Watched alone, if I'm looking for a specific thread.
Possibly a link on Watched to see Watched PLUS Starters?

Could I suggest two possible helpful options, preferably both to be added.

1. Similar to the current star icon on Watched, a red alert New! icon on a new Starter thread.
2. Using the new tabs system on New searches, a Starters tab showing only genuinely new content, not updates.

Maybe a link on both Watched and Starters pages to get a combination of the two? This would be a powerful clean list, but not sure about adding another tab.

Yes it could all be done with edits or an addon but the main place I feel the need is HERE. Or on any bigger board.

Maybe this belongs in bigger suggestions?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ok but once I look at a thread and Watch it, it will display Spectacles, not NEW!
So the row will only have one icon in that position.
Did I understand what you meant?

If your watching a thread won't you be alerted when a new post is made? (setting the alert type of course)

If your watching a thread won't you be alerted when a new post is made? (setting the alert type of course)

No, I think she only wants it to show for New Threads.. not new posts to a thread. Personal preference for me says that having yet another post indicator would be a serious case of overkill :)

No, I think she only wants it to show for New Threads.. not new posts to a thread. Personal preference for me says that having yet another post indicator would be a serious case of overkill :)

Ah my mistake #blondemoment

I dunno still, Tabbing is still my preference if this is somehow being accommodated.

Top Bottom