XF 2.2 Start conversation recipients not showing as suggestions

BubbaLovesCheese

I noticed that when I try to "Start a Conversation", not all users show up in the suggestion bar.

I check the ACP and I have a user named "MALPOT" (and apparently animalpoo too)

When I start typing his MALPOT, his name does not show up.

users-1.webp

users-2.webp

users-3.webp

Neither MALPOT or ANIMALPOO show up in the suggestion bar. And this is not unique to just they. It seems a vast majority of users are not appearing when I start tying their usernames.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks!

Attachments

• users-2.webp
    users-2.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
Solution
What does 'recently active' constitute
180 days

Is there a setting to adjust that?
No, but https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ozzmodz-recently-active-days-override.7687/

If auto complete does not give any suggestions, then do I just type the entire username?
Yep.

(Since I'm doing several users) How would I know if the username is valid? Will it tell me before or after I try and send the message?
You will not be able to send the message.

1671722880261.webp

And, will a notification of the conversation still go to the user's email address? (assuming the preference is on)
I guess.

Is there a log (or confirmation) of an email notification being sent to the user that I can check...
I see. Thanks.

That brings up a couple more questions....
  1. What does 'recently active' constitute
  2. Is there a setting to adjust that?
  3. If auto complete does not give any suggestions, then do I just type the entire username?
  4. (Since I'm doing several users) How would I know if the username is valid? Will it tell me before or after I try and send the message?
  5. And, will a notification of the conversation still go to the user's email address? (assuming the preference is on)
  6. Is there a log (or confirmation) of an email notification being sent to the user that I can check somewhere?
Thanks!

What does 'recently active' constitute
180 days

Is there a setting to adjust that?
No, but https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ozzmodz-recently-active-days-override.7687/

If auto complete does not give any suggestions, then do I just type the entire username?
Yep.

(Since I'm doing several users) How would I know if the username is valid? Will it tell me before or after I try and send the message?
You will not be able to send the message.

1671722880261.webp

And, will a notification of the conversation still go to the user's email address? (assuming the preference is on)
I guess.

Is there a log (or confirmation) of an email notification being sent to the user that I can check somewhere?
Not in the XF ACP if i'm not mistaken.

Solution
Top Bottom