XF 2.2 Start Conversation Not Showing

Start Conversation button not showing for anyone except admin. I have Star Conversation set to Yes and Unlimited Participants for all user groups.
Ive run through every thread regarding it in the XF community, I've checked my permissions on user groups enough times to lose my sanity, Ive run the anylize permissions and everything is set to yes. I even ran a test on a user group and literally set everything to Yes and Unlimited regarding ANYTHING to do with conversations.

I've had a friend that is also a XF user with a large page check into it and says all my permissions look fine and he cant figure it out either.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Im using XF 2.2 as well as Conversation Essentials addon.
But this seems to be a base XF issue?

If there's a XF Moderator or Admin that I can make an admin account for to assist, id be happy to tip them for their time. This is boggling my mind.

If the permission is set for the user (group), the maximum recipients is at least 1 and the analyser returns yes for the permission value, then I can only assume the add-on is involved.

If the permission is set for the user (group), the maximum recipients is at least 1 and the analyser returns yes for the permission value, then I can only assume the add-on is involved.

Thanks for the reply. I have disabled the addon and it still remains an issue where I cant see the Start a conversation button

The link doesn't appear in the dropown or on the conversation page?

1605814651707.webp

1605814677612.webp

The next thing to test would be in a completely default style with all add-ons disabled.

Okay so I "Bypass Privacy Settings" in moderator permissions area and it shows. So it seems ALL of my users by default have it set to not receive messages. Is there a setting in my Admin CP to change the default to allow everyone to receive messages ?

Found it, apparently, everyone is already set to "Members" are able to start conversations. So I'm unsure why I have to set everyone to bypass privacy settings in order for them to send a DM

Permissions apply to starting conversations.

If you are unable to start a conversation with specific members then they have set their account preferences to nobody or those they follow.

1605815541910.png

Top Bottom