Lack of interest Staff show as online in 2 areas

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Grover

online redundant.webp

Maybe it has a reason and this is of the utmost unimportance obviously ;), but in the above screenshot you see the staff mentioned twice. I know our beloved team are also members in the first place :), but please let us members have a place of our own! :p. [Thank You] [No Thanks] [Dislike], etc... I am going to bed!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Im pretty sure it's 2 different queries joined by the design.
If you're referring to SQL queries it is probably one query but then it splits the users and moderators via a PHP script.

I don't mind them being online in two places... the staff members is so you can easily identify staff whereas the memberlist also shows me the users active based on most recent activity. So if the staff member is at the bottom of the online list, I know they're BRB/AFK.

They're 2 separate "blocks" and admins will have the option of enabling either one so if the staff are removed from the members online block and the staff block is disabled then they won't appear at all.

Grover, i got this point, but i'm still wondering about 'if a staff member goes hidden' ... what's happens?

Do any of the minor details argues endlessly in really big threads really matter? ;)

Personally I am most concerned with the basic navigation UI my members will use, as opposed to the minor non-navigation UI details.

But that is just me. It is quite possible other people find the staff being in 2 places a large issue, I do not. I would put this in the 'look what I noticed' category.

You could look at it this way: the "Staff Online Now" is just an extra highlight for certain members in "Members Online Now". Staff are also members, they just have a different status.

Hmmm, I'd have to say no thanks. Although I see where you're coming from in the end the staff are still members of the website. Honestly no biggie either I doubt it would ever be a complain in a public forum.

They're 2 separate "blocks" and admins will have the option of enabling either one so if the staff are removed from the members online block and the staff block is disabled then they won't appear at all.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know you can disable the Staff block, so you have a valid point indeed.

Top Bottom