Lack of interest Staff Productivity Improvement - Toggle on/off Notifications

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Rob

Any forum owner that spends time working on the front end can easily be distracted by notifications and alerts.
I personally find it hard at times to get things done because the urge to click the alerts and notifications is too much to resist which really slows down whatever I am focusing on at that time. Once i've read alerts or roll over them by mistake and I finally get back to the task at hand I often forget later to go and reply since the alerts are now gone.

Can I propose that the moderator bar gives staff (or admins / definable groups) a way to toggle notifications on and off? I feel it will really help a lot of people.

A simple on/off affair would be cool - I've mocked up how I see it working:-

In normal mode:-
upload_2014-2-19_14-0-29.webp

Silence is golden.... I can do some work now!
upload_2014-2-19_13-57-31.webp

What do you think?

Last edited:
Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Access to such a tool would have to be the subject of a permission; there may well be those that we DON'T WANT to have the ability to turn it off.

Access to such a tool would have to be the subject of a permission; there may well be those that we DON'T WANT to have the ability to turn it off.
I think that goes without saying. I would expect nothing less if this was included in the core, or a caring developer made an add-on.

Isn't this already possible via /account/alert-preferences?
Well, not really.

If you disable your alerts via preferences, anything that would normally have triggered an alert will not magically come back as an alert when you re-enable your alerts. At least, that would be the desired effect.

Im not proposing this rides on the back of the normal user preference.... Im just suggesting the alerts are hidden entirely (or show a zero count) for the duration when the toggle is set. Unsettling the toggle will show you everything you've missed whilst working.

Top Bottom