1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Staff Permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Cambion, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Cambion

Cambion Well-Known Member

For the life of me i couldn't understand why none of my staff couldn't delete threads or even see the thread tools even if they were explicitly stated as Moderators and administrators.

I discovered that their secondary usergroups were the normal non-staff usergroups...as soon as I removed all the secondary non-staff memebrgroups from each of my staff members, they were able to see the button.

I do not want any of my staff to follow the same user promotions that my normal members would face(meaning if a normal member gets 100 posts they'll be moved to another usergroup...i don't want this to apply to my staff members).

how do i basically set it up to not apply to staff members because each time they reach a post milestone that signals a promotion, I have to once again manually go in and uncheck the membergroups.
  2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

There must be an issue with your usergroup permissions; staff can be members of all groups without issue normally.

Have you by any chance used the "Never" permission setting in any of your usergroup?
    Cambion likes this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member