Staff online should be its own widget

AndyB

Currently the Members online widget is actually two widgets, a Members online widget and a Staff online widget.

This suggestion is to make Staff online its own widget.

Currently Members online and Staff online are the same widget without the ability to separate them.

pic001.webp

Thank you.

Upvote 47
I know that this is old, but I would also like to see the Staff Online as a separate widget. In my opinion there should not be two separate widget boxes being controlled by the same widget. Either there should be a single widget box that contains Members Online and Staff Online in separate sections, or there should be two separate widgets that can be turned on/off and sorted independently of each other.

It could be configurable to show users online with a specific user group. I for one would like to show a widget for premium members online.

I use AndyB's add-on that does this. One option I'd like is to have the widget display names only, without the avatars, just as the online members are listed. If there are a lot of staff online (larger forums could have a dozen or two staff members logged in), it tends to bloat the widget a bit. Again, I customized it to list only the names, but having the ability to select this as part of the widget configuration would be a better option.

Bump to make them separate, too. I've just replaced the original members online widget with a third party one and lost the staff online widget. It really should be its own entity to prevent this and shouldn't require a third party one to replace it.

AndyB made this suggestion 5 years ago, so I'm not too confident of this actually happening, unfortunately.

Top Bottom