XF 1.5 Staff online now says I'm "New Member"

Sirbigman

Hi everyone,

I have this problem, the Staff online now in the sidebar shows me as 'new member' instead of administrator. Any idea why? Thanks in advance.Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 16.05.28.webp

Go to template "sidebar_online_users"

Find:

Code:
<xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                        <xen:if is="{$user.is_staff}">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
                                <xen:username user="$user" rich="true" />
                                <div class="userTitle">{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</div>
                            </li>
                        </xen:if>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </xen:contentcheck>

Replace with:

Code:
<xen:contentcheck>
            <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
         <xen:if is="{$user.user_group_id} == 3">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
                                <xen:username user="$user" rich="true" />
                                <div class="userTitle">Administrator</div>
                            </li>
                        </xen:if>
                          </xen:foreach>
                </xen:contentcheck>

Repeat above step for other staff user groups and replace the usergroup id number with the appropriate id number. To find the id number you go click on the usergroup from your admin panel and it will show it in the URL address.

Also be sure that your staff usergroups are using the staff id as their primary usergroup and not secondary. Can't remember but I think the default staff usergroups only have the staff role as secondary and the primary remains registered. This tripped me up the first time. I kept wondering why it wouldn't change the user title in staff online then quickly realized it was because my usergroup for staff was only a secondary usergroup. Be sure to fix that setting.

After this your set. Just make another set of them for the other staff usergroups. Good luck.

Thank you very much, Brad, it was actually the sidebar widget part of the widget framework. I found it and changed the code and now it works.

How did you fix it another way? That's news to me. I've used Widget Framework a while and never knew you could get the sidebar to show staff titles without editing a template?

Do you mean you edited the widget framework direct template that's also the same as sidebar_online_users.

I think that might be needed instead now that I recall how WF works. Anyways great work

Sorry for the late reply. I just replaced the code in the wf_sidebar_online_users like you said and it worked. you can have a look at ifans.com/forums to see the WF sidebar. Now another problem that I have is that the quick navigation opens as a page rather than a popup. I'm not sure what caused it to do so.

Sorry for the late reply. I just replaced the code in the wf_sidebar_online_users like you said and it worked. you can have a look at ifans.com/forums to see the WF sidebar. Now another problem that I have is that the quick navigation opens as a page rather than a popup. I'm not sure what caused it to do so.

Yeah I thought that's what you did. I do now recall if your using WF you edit that template instead with the same code.

As far as the issue your having the the quick navigation are you referring to the navigation pop up menu? If so revert the template "Navigation" and that should fix it.

If your referring the the visitor tab where you hover over your username then revert the template "navigation_visitor_tab".

Not sure which one you were referring to but somewhere along the lines something probably got changed in one of those templates depending on which you meant. If that doesn't fix it then I have no idea what the issue could be as those templates are the ones that allow each of those areas to work properly.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Brad

Top Bottom