Not a bug Staff members list truncated after the first 20 entries

Steffen

Affected version
The list of Staff members is truncated after the first 20 entries (and doesn't show pagination links). I think this list should not have a limit at all (or maybe a really big one like 100 or 500 just to avoid problems if an admin accidentally marks all users as staff).

You want the limit increased in case an admin accidentally makes everyone staff? If it was by accident wouldn't the admin return them all to regular users rather than admire his 10,000 page staff list?

I believe the point he is making is that if you have more than 20 staff members, not all of them will be shown.

So the limit should be removed and pagination should be implemented so only 20 per page are shown.

@Bryan: I think there is a misunderstanding. A small hard-coded limit of 20 entries feels wrong. I therefore suggested removing the limit or alternatively increasing it to a high value 100 or 500 (to make sure that your server doesn't crash if an admin accidentally marks everyone as staff).

@Bryan: I think there is a misunderstanding. A small hard-coded limit of 20 entries feels wrong. I therefore suggested removing the limit or alternatively increasing it to a high value 100 or 500 (to make sure that your server doesn't crash if an admin accidentally marks everyone as staff).

I think the 20 per page with pagination would be better in-keeping with how the rest of the site works, possibly with an admin option to increase it but I get your point :)

Top Bottom