Staff Account

we_are_borg

A staff account where people in a user group have access to, that can post under a special name but users that have access to it can see who really posted. The staff account does not need access to moderation tools or admin panel access, but it has to be able to post where the user has access to so if you have access to post a, b, c but x, y, z not then you cant post there.

Upvote 11
You could do like the XF Bug Bot or XenForo accounts here, etc. Give the password to who needs to post and see who posted by IP. But this would be nice for ease of switching accounts, yes!

Last edited:
Yes you can make account and use ip address but making such addition is easier and user friendly because you can see in one go who posted under the staff account. Also by making an account you’ll need to switch account while what i want you just select a checkbox and its under staff account without login in or out. Also you can have multiple staff account depending on what you need and because its user group based you can have article staff account or a gallery account staff. What is easier make post select staff account box and post, other see who posted it. Or logout, login under account you want, make post, logout, login again. If someone wants to see who made the post look at ip address remember who has what ip address etc etc. So the request would be faster and simpler.

Similar to admins of a FB page, they post as the page and admins see who it was in some text. I'll vote it up for the ease of posting as a brand/site rep admin, etc.

Last edited:
Similar to admins of a FB page, they post as the page and admins see who it was in some text. I'll vote it up for the ease of posting as a brand/site rep admin, etc.

Facebook has this function only difference would be that you cant see who it was as normal user.

I suppose another use case for this of this would be for roleplaying forums you could have an account for, say, a an in-game government and certain players would be able to make posts on its behalf. Or have one account for out-of-character/player posts and another for the character(s).

I suppose another use case for this of this would be for roleplaying forums you could have an account for, say, a an in-game government and certain players would be able to make posts on its behalf. Or have one account for out-of-character/player posts and another for the character(s).
Yes that would be something you can use it for.

Top Bottom