XF 2.0 SQL query to get posts from today only

Mave

Currently I use
Code:
SELECT * FROM xf_thread A INNER JOIN xf_post B ON A.post_date = B.post_date WHERE prefix_id = 6
To get all posts with prefix_id 6.

How do i get all posts from prefix_id 6 AND posted today?

I tried this but it's not working:

Code:
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM xf_thread A INNER JOIN xf_post B ON A.post_date = B.post_date WHERE prefix_id = 6 AND B.post_date = DATE(NOW())';

That query is only going to retrieve posts made the same exact time the query is made.

Code:
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM xf_thread A INNER JOIN xf_post B ON A.post_date = B.post_date WHERE prefix_id = 6 AND B.post_date = (NOW() - INTERVAL 24 HOUR)';

That query is only going to retrieve posts made the same exact time the query is made.

Code:
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM xf_thread A INNER JOIN xf_post B ON A.post_date = B.post_date WHERE prefix_id = 6 AND B.post_date = (NOW() - INTERVAL 24 HOUR)';
Thank you for answering @MySiteGuy
Unfortunately the code is not working. I'm not getting any errors, but the result is 0, although posts should show up. Any idea why?

This results in 38000
Code:
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM xf_thread A';

This should result in 3 but results in 0:
Code:
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM xf_thread A WHERE A.post_date = DATE(NOW() - INTERVAL 24 HOUR)';

SQL:
SELECT * FROM xf_post P INNER JOIN xf_thread T ON P.thread_id = T.thread_id WHERE T.prefix_id = 6 AND P.post_date >= UNIX_TIMESTAMP(CURDATE());
Hey @Mouth unfortunately also this code is not working. (still getting 0) Any idea why?
I'm 100% positive that I should get results as I'm using:
Code:
SELECT * FROM xf_thread A INNER JOIN xf_post B ON A.post_date = B.post_date WHERE prefix_id = 7 AND P.post_date >= UNIX_TIMESTAMP(CURDATE());
And I did in fact posted topics with that prefix already today.

Last edited:
Any idea why?
I'm on XF1.5, and it works fine. Unless there's a difference in XF2 db schema, I don't see why. Try remove the prefix_id inside the WHERE condition and make sure you get results.
And I did in fact posted topics with that prefix already today.
That code should fail, because P.post_date is invalid since you're using A and B for table naming.
There's also no need to JOIN the post table, since you're not using it anyway. Your A.post_date = B.post_date condition ensure's it will only look at the first post in the thread, since only the first post and the thread creation will have identical date and times.

I'm on XF1.5, and it works fine. Unless there's a difference in XF2 db schema, I don't see why. Try remove the prefix_id inside the WHERE condition and make sure you get results.

That code should fail, because P.post_date is invalid since you're using A and B for table naming.
There's also no need to JOIN the post table, since you're not using it anyway. Your A.post_date = B.post_date condition ensure's it will only look at the first post in the thread, since only the first post and the thread creation will have identical date and times.
@Mouth My bad, but still even with using A it won't work.

Code:
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM xf_thread';
350000 results

Code:
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM xf_thread WHERE post_date = DATE(NOW() - INTERVAL 1 DAY)';
0 results, although there are at least 10 topics and posts created today....

I have no idea why, but suddenly it works now.
So thank you so much for your time @Mouth your code does work!

Code:
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM xf_thread WHERE post_date >= UNIX_TIMESTAMP(CURDATE())';

it works now.
Great
Code:
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM xf_thread WHERE post_date = DATE(NOW() - INTERVAL 1 DAY)';
0 results, although there are at least 10 topics and posts created today....
FYI, post_date is an integer utilising Unix time, whereas DATE returns an ISO date format. Thus using an equals(=) comparator will never return any results. That's why you need the UNIX_TIMESTAMP function around any SQL DATE functions, to convert it into a unix time integer for comparison.

Top Bottom