Spot the imposter

Kim

imposter.webp

What a beauty this creature. Thank god you spotted it before it got ninja'd :D

He was very lucky we spotted him, he is a different colour to the rose branches which is the only reason we did see him, if he was on a more grey bush/tree he would have been history!

Someone tried to scare me with one of these once in a workplace, they put it in my drawer of my desk, but needless to say it wasn't scary :p I just put it outside on the bushes, and plotted my revenge :sneaky:

Really?? They're pretty abundant in Northern/western Florida, although not nearly as big.
I don't usually make it a point to go around bushes trying to find a stick that isn't a stick. :p

No, haven't come across one yet... or at least I hope I haven't when trimming things. :unsure:

If you have never seen a walking stick you are either in the wrong climate or you are not outside enough.
Unsure of the first, but I've been outside plenty of times and haven't come across one. Or maybe I have, and just never actually saw it but it saw me. :p

Unsure of the first, but I've been outside plenty of times and haven't come across one. Or maybe I have, and just never actually saw it but it saw me. :p

I live in both Tampa and Jacksonville for almost 10 years and never seen one. Wished I'd had seen stick bugs and not those huge banana spiders!

I live in both Tampa and Jacksonville for almost 10 years and never seen one. Wished I'd had seen stick bugs and not those huge banana spiders!

Ewwwww giant banana spiders sound pretty horrible!

Stick insects are fairly common here, although this is the first one I have seen in this house in 3 years... he was a beauty though, quite the biggest one I have ever seen.

Ewwwww giant banana spiders sound pretty horrible!

Stick insects are fairly common here, although this is the first one I have seen in this house in 3 years... he was a beauty though, quite the biggest one I have ever seen.

This is what they look like...

banana%2Bspider.jpg

Top Bottom