Spot the CSS error in this WordPress TinyMCE stylesheet

mrGTB

I've been compressing some WordPress stylesheets used by my site today and spotted something I'll post here to see what others say looking at the code it uses, just to see if I'm correct in what I'm thinking. Which I'm certain I am.

Spot the huge error in the stylesheet called: editor-style-rtl.css

Code:
/*
Theme Name: Twenty Ten
*/
/*
Used to style the TinyMCE editor.
*/
html .mceContentBody{
    direction:rtl;
    unicode-bidi:embed;
    float:right;
}
* {
    font-family: Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif;
}
/* Text elements */
ul {
    margin: 0 -18px 18px 0;
}
ol {
}
dd {
    margin-right: 0;
}
blockquote {
    font-style: normal;
}
table {
    text-align: right;
    margin: 0 0 24px -1px;
}
html .mceContentBody{
    direction:rtl;
    unicode-bidi:embed;
    float:right;
}
* {
    font-family: Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif;
}
/* Text elements */
ul {
}
ol {
}
dd {
    margin-right: 0;
}
blockquote {
    font-style: normal;
}
table {
    text-align: right;
    margin: 0 0 24px -1px;
}

Yes, they've repeated the whole CSS entry two times, there is no difference between each identical Class or ID either listed two times. Looks like they made a mistake and duplicated everything by accident.

I ended up with this after cleaning away the duplicates.

Code:
/*
Theme Name: Twenty Ten
*/

/*
Used to style the TinyMCE editor.
*/

html .mceContentBody {direction:rtl;unicode-bidi:embed;float:right;}
* {font-family:Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif;}

/*
Text elements
*/

ul {margin:0 -18px 18px 0;}
ol {margin:0 -18px 18px 0;}
dd {margin-right:0;}
blockquote {font-style:normal;}
table {text-align:right;margin:0 0 24px -1px;}

That stylesheet I'm pretty sure is used for the back-end in WordPress for the TinyMCE editor. It doesn't effect the front-end style (I think)? Not 100% sure yet though, I could be wrong on that because there are more stylesheets that look like they are used for the admin backend by TinyMCE.

Maybe it's used for comments? Not totally sure just yet.

That stylesheet I'm pretty sure is used for the back-end in WordPress for the TinyMCE editor. It doesn't effect the front-end style (I think)? Not 100% sure yet though, I could be wrong on that because there are more stylesheets that look like they are used for the admin backend

What's the CSS name?

editor-style-rtl.css

I don't use the RTL style anyway, that's for people who run Arabic type sites and show text from right to left if I'm correct. It wouldn't cause an issue anyway having it listed twice, it was just something I spotted while compressing stylesheets and thought that's odd and can't be right?

Themeforest :)

I have begun making optimisations to the code and images, so it's less heavy.

To be fair its a nice style,

though I have been VERY impressed with some of the pro dotnetnuke themes that have been coming out lately.

That's why I usually build my own templates, though in shame, my website, http://shamil.la, uses a premium template.

What I've always found with most themes for WordPress, including premium themes. You always tend to find an issue with them of some sort. They either don't support threaded comments, don't show sub categories, have problems with menus, or whatever else. But there always seems to be some little bug bearer you spot with custom themes at some point.

That why I decided to work with the default Twenty Ten theme and restyle it to suite me. I know because it's shipped with WordPress as the default theme that it works correctly with all it's features and hence why I thought it was best to work with that style on improving it further. I'm still using the default Twenty Ten there, same original style-sheet and theme it's shipped with. I've simply just made some style changes with it.

Top Bottom