SPORTS FORUM - Player Profile / Match Database

tajhay

Hi,
I run a sports website (Rugby League).

We want to add the following functionality:
(1) Fixtures list of games already played. The game link should be clickable that should take you to (2)- Game overview i.e. score, team lineup, try scorers, goals, haft time scores, and perhaps stuff like top 3 tacklers, top 3 players with metres gained etc. The player names should be links to their player profiles (either done via pages xenforo functionality, modified xenforo member profile functionality, showcase addon, or something else).
(3) The player profile should list out basic player information and stats of past games the player was involved in.
(4) admin section to enter game details, stats etc.

manutdtalk.com has similiar functionality. I have already asked them, they do not want to share the code with us as they want to keep that functionality to themselves - fair enough.

This is a fun project and would suit someone who has an interest in sports, and possibly has an interest in Rugby League.

There are numerous other sports websites on xenforo and would welcome other admins joining into the project to share the costs.

If you are interested, please pm me and provide estimate cost, time needed, examples of past work and we can go further with the specs.

We have talented graphic designers who are more than happy to assist with any graphic requirements as part of the spec, your task is to make it all happen, they can make it look pretty.

Ideally we want it to look something like this if possible:
playerprofile2-jpg.306

That would be a pretty awesome addon. I would for sure buy a copy if the price point was right. I run a sports site and I haven't seen anything like this one anyother site I have seen. It would set mine apart. So I am +100 for this idea. Would need to be able to do multiple teams though or it would be no use to me.

The manutdtalk.com one looks like it's at least partly based on Xencarta but could be very wrong.

Have a look at what Green and Gold Rugby has done with that wiki - not sure if that's close to what you're trying to do.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/wiki/index/

manutdtalk is actually using a custom addon created by xfrocks.

yes i have seen what G&G are doing, and again that is not what i am trying to achieve. I want something far more dynamic, be able to pull stats from databases and a few other things, that can not be achieved by xencarta.

anyone available to get working on this? Few of the developers ive spoken to are busy with their current development. I have 2 other sports forums also interested in utilising this feature.

Did you get any interest in this tajhay? I'd be interested in this addon but like Ernest above I'd probably need it to be able to do multiple teams.

Did you get any interest in this tajhay? I'd be interested in this addon but like Ernest above I'd probably need it to be able to do multiple teams.

Actually I don't need it anymore. I closed down my sports site. Wasn't getting much activity (actually none). Started a new site which is getting activity.

Hi mate, yeah the intention would be to be able to to do multiple teams. So far i have atleast 2 other forum admins interested in this and many others checking to see what could evolve from this.

What we need now though is a developer. With so many sports forums around, im sure there would be a developer interested in working on such a project. The main limitation right now is that the more reputable developers who would really be able to pull this off well are currently busy with other projects.

Top Bottom