• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[splendidpoint.com] AntiSPAM - Prevent Links and Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't tested yet... sorry, will do tomorrow and let you know. Though most likely it will work because Xenforo function changes are backwards compatible and this merely adds some check and calls XF default functions. Will test tomorrow though. I also have a little work done on the feature requested (allow own site) have to finish that as well.

First post updated to reflect that this has been tested and working perfectly fine on XF 1.1 RC1.

I have a question though to those who use it. How important is it that new members should be able to post links to own site. I have this done on my localhost but while doing this I realized that this is something not very advisable to do. Currently this Addon does a preg_match which stops execution at first match for a URL and pops the error. Checking for one's domain requires a preg_match_all followed by checking the matches for the domain. In a busy site with many posts per minute, this php execution can begin to show degaradation in performance. I wouldn't really do it on my site to be honest. But if people want it, I can release that. What do you guys say?

First post updated to reflect that this has been tested and working perfectly fine on XF 1.1 RC1.

I have a question though to those who use it. How important is it that new members should be able to post links to own site. I have this done on my localhost but while doing this I realized that this is something not very advisable to do. Currently this Addon does a preg_match which stops execution at first match for a URL and pops the error. Checking for one's domain requires a preg_match_all followed by checking the matches for the domain. In a busy site with many posts per minute, this php execution can begin to show degaradation in performance. I wouldn't really do it on my site to be honest. But if people want it, I can release that. What do you guys say?
i personally wouldn't want it, so as long as it's an option you can turn off then i'm not fussed..

thanks for a great add-on :)

I have decided against releasing the feature to check own domain. Too much wasted execution for a not so important feature.

I have decided against releasing the feature to check own domain. Too much wasted execution for a not so important feature.
so, is this the final version (i.e. new users such as myself should just download & install this now)? or is there a new version forthcoming which we should wait for?

This is the final version as of now. This works perfectly and has no bugs that I know of. I am adding a small feature to also disallow links in signatures for new members until they meet the post count. This will be released hopefully in next couple of days and worst case by 30th!

So as of now you should download and install this.

This is the final version as of now. This works perfectly and has no bugs that I know of. I am adding a small feature to also disallow links in signatures for new members until they meet the post count. This will be released hopefully in next couple of days and worst case by 30th!

So as of now you should download and install this.
i've only just started the process of designing my new forum & won't be migrating for at least a couple of weeks, so i might as well just wait until the new version is out..

i love the way all the add-on developers round here seem so responsive and (to use an awful boardroom buzzword) "pro-active"!

When I install it I get this error:

Error
Please enter a valid callback method.

Help? Otherwise it seems like a really good mod. ^^;

Did all the files upload properly? That error usually means some file is missing. Try to reupload and and reinstall the xml and check.

Alrighty. I'll try it once I install the other mods I need on my forums. Only two more lol.

Edit: Nope. Not working. >_<;

how does this handle images & videos? I assume they would get blocked as well since they are web addresses

moderated posts going into the moderation que seem to be missing this check. we're getting moderated posts w/ URLs that shouldn't be. any idea how I can fix this?

PS, what about video? embeded video still seems to still get thru since they aren't really urls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom