XF 2.2 Speeding up import

Tiz

I'm importing from VB4 to XF2. I'm currently running a test import. I'm moving servers at the same time, so I've done an install of Xenforo, then put a copy of the VB database on the new server and I'm using the CLI to import from it. This is a test run. If it works my plan is to then shut the forum, take an update copy of the db and repeat the import.

It's over 12 hours in, currently on Step 16 of 26 Posts 9:44:50 [1,912,282] 38.01%

The forum has: Threads 422,077 Posts 6,013,733 Members 40,313

So I'm guessing I'm going to be looking at 24+ hours to complete the import!

Is there a way to speed it up any?

For reference, my server/CLI knowledge is limited to following instructions/helpfiles.

The import time is dependent on server config, setup, and hardware.

How many cores are available?
You can use the processes argument depending on the number, e.g. php cmd.php xf:import --processes=4 --no-interaction .

Thanks, four cores. My computer rebooted itself overnight (windows updates :mad:) so I'm presuming I can restart it with the same command and add in the processes=4. What does the no-interaction on the end do?

I'm presuming I can restart it with the same command and add in the processes=4.
Yes, that will work.
You can also CTRL+C to stop an import.

As above, run the command in a screen and it will continue regardless.

Start a named screen session using e.g. screen -S xf_import .
Detach from the screen session using Ctrl+a d .
Resume the screen session using screen -r .
List multiple screen sessions using screen -ls .

What does the no-interaction on the end do?
The import will run to the end without prompts and waiting for an input from you.

Top Bottom