• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Special uses of language in the XenForo UI?

Dominion

I'm planning to localize XenForo for Japan very soon, and thought I'd better ask whether there are any areas where I should be particularly careful in my use of language.

In particular, I would like to know if there are any specific words or phrases that XenForo uses to signal important differences as compared with the functionality or features of competing products (such as the use of the word "likes" versus "reputation"). I'm new to forum administration and may not notice such nuances, and I'd rather not inadvertently gloss over a difference that the folks at XenForo feel should be given due emphasis.

I don't expect to run into too many difficulties, as it seems that relatively few forum applications have been reliably localized for Japan. Still, I want to make sure that XF is being represented properly, and forewarned is forearmed. ;)

Thanks in advance to any who can offer advice!

Thank you, that makes things easy.

I'll try to match the concise yet user-friendly vibe achieved in the English.

Top Bottom