XF 2.2 Special avatars for higher level members?

jromaine

Hey guys,
Is there any way of displaying a fancy avatar to indicate a pro level member?

I've tried searching but only found custom avatars for banned users?

Thank you

Hey guys,
Is there any way of displaying a fancy avatar to indicate a pro level member?

I've tried searching but only found custom avatars for banned users?

Thank you
Errr...why force what you think is a "fancy avatar" to indicate a pro-level member?
Maybe use the banners for what they were actually designed for? You know, something like this? ;)

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 2.42.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 2.44.53 AM.png
I know I'd be EXTREMELY PO'd if I was a "pro level" (which indicates paid?) and someone was trying to force an avatar on me... I'd MUCH rather have that fact relayed by a banner that I could also continue to use a custom avatar with.

I know I'd be EXTREMELY PO'd if I was a "pro level" (which indicates paid?) and someone was trying to force an avatar on me

Tracy I'm not trying to force anything.

I wasn't aware of banners. I'm not a Xenforo expert. I know little about the platform.

Perhaps a friendlier response such as "John, have you considered using banners? This is essentially what banners were created for?" would've been more appropriate.

I guess my next question is where do I find these banners?

Tracy I'm not trying to force anything.

I wasn't aware of banners. I'm not a Xenforo expert. I know little about the platform.

Perhaps a friendlier response such as "John, have you considered using banners? This is essentially what banners were created for?" would've been more appropriate.

I guess my next question is where do I find these banners?
Thought I was pretty laid back.... but some people have thinner skin... BTW, that's what the winking icon indicates.. that there is a better way to do it.

Banners are all part of the user group settings.

As an example... I have a group called Founding Member for those first members.

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 4.13.48 AM.png
This is a group I manually place users in. You can see it has a custom user banner text. It is also using a custom CSS for the banner (I also add a FA icon in via the Extra CSS). The display styling priority is so high, no matter any other groups they may get promoted into, it will display this one on my setup.

As for the EXTRA.less code I use for that member profile banner

Code:
        &site_founding_member:before
        {
            .m-faContent(@fa-var-galaxy);
            color: #180463;
            background: #09e95c;
            border-color: #0f660f;
            font-size: 16px;
        }

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 4.15.33 AM.png

The ACP has a search feature I would suggest you get familiar with.... it saved me a LOT of time when I first got started.

You will also need to configure, via the ACP, how you want your banners used/stacked

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 4.17.15 AM.png

Top Bottom