XF 1.2 Span Class

majesty95

Where can we find the span classes and change their attributes? I'm been searching for about an hour and am lost as where to look...

Code:
<span class="contentSummary">Showing threads 1 to 4 of 4</span>

to chnage

Code:
.sectionFooter {
zoom: 1;
font-size: 11px;
color: rgb(188, 188, 188);
line-height: 16px;
}

Alright, if this is the class you want to change

Code:
    .discussionList .sectionFooter .contentSummary
    {
        float: left;
        display: block;
    }

it is inheriting the color from another class. If you want to change the color of that specific class, you can edit the discussion_list.css template directly or, if you're not a fan of template editing like me, open EXTRA.css and put something like this in there:

Code:
    {
        color: pink;
    }

Alright, if this is the class you want to change

Code:
    {
        float: left;
        display: block;
    }

it is inheriting the color from another class. If you want to change the color of that specific class, you can edit the discussion_list.css template directly or, if you're not a fan of template editing like me, open EXTRA.css and put something like this in there:

Code:
    {
        color: pink;
    }
What is the downfall to template editing? I've made quite a few template changes :confused:

There is no downfall. I just like to keep my default templates untouched and do all my custom styling in my own templates. You're OK doing template edits =) In fact, XenForo includes a very advanced merging system that can handle custom templates on its own when you're upgrading your forum, and when it cannot merge a template by itself, it has a great merge tool so you can see what did exactly change and it allows you to solve any conflicts with the template. You should be alright :)

Edit:

BTW, I used what you suggested in EXTRA.css and it worked. Thanks! (y)

I'm a very novice entrant into CSS. So I'm trying to learn as I go...

I'm glad to hear it worked. When I'm working with CSS my best friend is the Browser Inspector. I love to use Firebug, you should try it.

I'm glad to hear it worked. When I'm working with CSS my best friend is the Browser Inspector. I love to use Firebug, you should try it.

I'm using Chrome and am starting to figure it out. One that I am still having trouble with is the alerts menu.

When someone receives an alert and you hover "Alerts" it goes white before settling in on the background color. On the XF forums it goes to a yellowish color before becoming a very light blue. I'd like to be able to change that white color (yellowish on here) otherwise you cannot read the alerts for a few seconds.

Here is a screen cap of the area and the code "Inspect Element" gives me:

XenForo 19.webp

Top Bottom