Native Xenforo Addons(1) XenUtiles old thread: XenUtiles (by Jaxel)
(2) BotScout (by Fred Sherman)Check out my mod XenUtiles... it has stop forum spam and a "spam bot finder". The spam bot finder works by searching for URLs in people's profiles. If it finds them, it lists the user in the list, with their relevant information. From there you can decide if they are a bot or not and delete them.
- doesn't rely on reCAPTCHA.
- Supports: Botscout only
(3) [splendidpoint.com] AntiSPAM - Prevent Links and Emails
- allows you to prevent certain usergroups from posting links and email addresses until they reach a certain number of posts set by you.
(4) Stop Spam here (sonnb) $10 USD.
Third Party Addons:
(1) Botscout - http://www.botscout.com/
- Botscout has an API that you can use on your signup form to keep Xrumer scum from registering to your forums in the first place. (AnthonyCea)
(2) Bad behavior (Alfa1)
(3) project honeypot (Alfa1)
Xenforo Admin Suggestions:
(1) Question and Answer CAPTCHA - added January 13, 2011 (beta6) - see notes
(2) Ban Quick Email providers
(3) Watch for international registrants, when your forum isn't international in nature (tip).
(4) Use Cloudflare's Tools. (mrGTB)
(5) Moderate the posts of New Users (Jake)
Quick and Dirty tips from elsewhere:
(1) Jigsaw: XenUtiles + change to a Q&A captcha
(2) Melbo's Stop Spam Herre (sonnb) + English Q&A.I recommend anyone having this issue to install XenUtiles and change to a Q&A captcha. It has been said 10+ times in the prior posts, but I just want to add my 2 cents. This really does work and I have had 0 spammers make it through registration from the time I switched to XenUtiles and Q&A (about 24 hours).
(3) Moderate the posts of New Users (Jake)I'm using this http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-stop-spam-here.845/ and haven't had a single spam registration since. You need to register for a Stop Forum Spam key and an Askimet key.
What kind of Q&A are you using? Mine are super easy if you are a human who speaks English (my audience) but difficult if you aren't.
One option is to moderate posts of new users:
Please reply here with suggestions, addons, third party addons, articles about being a good admin, etc. Provide Links to other suggestions.
Let's help each other on this one !