Spam add-on?

Stockwalker

Hi.
Can anyone recommend me an add-on that filters out all spam? My board has been getting more and more. I have been using FoolBotHoneyPot but it doesn't seem to be working with the newest version of XenForo.

Still get a lot of spam

What countries is it coming from? I moderate all China, Russia, Pakistan and India registrations. If your site isn't targeting any of those countries I'd recommend moderating them. If you use CloudFlare you can use this add-on as it is very accurate in geolocating the visitor.

If you don't use CloudFlare I highly recommend it. It is free and will help slow spam down regardless of using the above add-on or not.

What countries is it coming from? I moderate all China, Russia, Pakistan and India registrations. If your site isn't targeting any of those countries I'd recommend moderating them. If you use CloudFlare you can use this add-on as it is very accurate in geolocating the visitor.

If you don't use CloudFlare I highly recommend it. It is free and will help slow spam down regardless of using the above add-on or not.
How do I know if I use CloudFlare? What are my alternatives? Thanks for the tip it helps

You should still be able to use CloudFlare. When you sign up it will scan your DNS entries then give you two new nameservers to use for your domain. Should be pretty straight forward setup. I have never set it up on Shared hosting though.

You should still be able to use CloudFlare. When you sign up it will scan your DNS entries then give you two new nameservers to use for your domain. Should be pretty straight forward setup. I have never set it up on Shared hosting though.
Thanks. Might it cause a problem if I set it up on shared hosting?

Top Bottom