Sorting Forums

Jon York

Hi,

I was wondering if you have any control over the sorting of forums? I was playing around with the demo and it appears they show up in the order that you add them, but I'd like them to show up in alphabetical order. While I would like Categories to show up in the order I choose.

Can anyone tell me if that's possible?

Thank you!

Hi,

I was wondering if you have any control over the sorting of forums? I was playing around with the demo and it appears they show up in the order that you add them, but I'd like them to show up in alphabetical order. While I would like Categories to show up in the order I choose.

Can anyone tell me if that's possible?

Thank you!

Adjust the Display Order to sort the forums in the parent node. Forums are listed in order from lowest display order to highest display order.

upload_2014-12-19_20-1-14.webp

So I'm in the market for forum software for another client and had totally forgotten about this question I asked 4 years ago! Back then the answer was that you could change the Display Order of forums by numbering them. I'm just curious if now they have a more graphical method like drag and drop or something like that.

This new forum I'm working on is going to have a ton of different categories and numbering them could get a little messy after a while.

So I'm in the market for forum software for another client and had totally forgotten about this question I asked 4 years ago! Back then the answer was that you could change the Display Order of forums by numbering them. I'm just curious if now they have a more graphical method like drag and drop or something like that.

This new forum I'm working on is going to have a ton of different categories and numbering them could get a little messy after a while.

You can sort forums with drag and drop now.

Top Bottom