Sorta Bugs me.

Tori

I am a former admin of a Xenforo forum and I am interested in my own community using Xenforo and we have all been using the demo(we used 2) and downloaded another just now so we can all get a feel for how it truly is.

One thing that bugs me(it bugged me on the site i used to admin for...it is now dead) and it bugs me now with the demo)

When a new member joins the forum, it does not automatically update. On mybb, On Ipb and on SMF when new members join it usually instantly updates to show that

"Tori" is a new member.

It also doesn't automatically update the post count each time you post.

Instead, when you post it will be a delay in the update and THEN it will update the post count or show the new members.

is this something i can fix that it will automatically refresh instead of delaying? I'd like to know how before i purchase a license.

Those forum statistics on the index page are updated every 10 minutes by a cron. It's a performance optimization. It is possible to make it instant by modifying the PHP code.
Um excuse me?
My downloaded copy is the one from the very link you just link. Perhaps downloaded is the incorrect term but I don't "pirate" anything.

When it comes to software & licensing I've learned to never assume. Far too many people over the years try to use the pre-sales forums for support for a number of reasons.

Isn't this forum for pre-sale people such as myself using the demo? I'm confused. Is this the wrong forum?

Um excuse me?
My downloaded copy is the one from the very link you just link. Perhaps downloaded is the incorrect term but I don't "pirate" anything.

Isn't this forum for pre-sale people such as myself using the demo? I'm confused. Is this the wrong forum?

That's not pirated then. You are welcome to post presale demo questions here. No worries.

I'm assuming that the php thing is something i'd find in the actual license and not a demo?

or is it something in the admin panel that i can fix.

PHP is the language XenForo is coded in. If you don't know what it is you'll have to get someone to help you out with that, should you "want" to make modifications (knowledge of PHP is not required to use XenForo).

As said though, you could simply configure it to run every minute.

Top Bottom