Lack of interest Sort TMS after Given Names, not templates [control multiple TMS within 1 TMS]

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Marcus

Then you can have one simple Addon "XenForo Template Plus" and you can disable / enable the templates like this:

ACP > Template Modifications (enable/disable)
Addon: XenForo Template Plus
o Disable RSS (forum_list)
o Disable RSS (forum_template_2)
x Fixed Header (header)
x Fixed Header (Page_Container)

Currently there are sometimes dozens of addons from one developer, which he could put into one single addon with this simple suggestion.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
By given name do you mean the modification key?

Currently Template Modifications are grouped by add-on (if it exists) then template name.

I'm not sure I understand the suggestion though.

I meant to sort the TMS modifications by add-on name then description.

That way you could write an template modification addon and the admin can manually disable the unwanted changes very easily, as they can be kind of grouped with the description. The idea is to disable single template modifications manually. All with the current xf acp functionality.

I have seen authors on xenforo.com that write dozens of template modification addons and my idea was to let them write one addon with advanced functionality, and the admin can enable/disable the different template modifications himself.

This would be easy:
x Fixed Header (header)

This would be harder to activate/disacivate, imagine if there are dozens of different template addons combined within one addon:
x Fixed Header (header)

Maybe it's better to install several addons rather than having one addon and disable/enable functionality. I asked to one famous addon author and he likes to publish several addons more, as the admin can then only opt-in for the one single modification he wants, and not install a huge addon and then disable most of the functionality.

Top Bottom