sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

Hi,
Just migrated from XFR Useralbum to Sonnb XFGallery
I am facing this pb : image url in post are displaying a 404.
What would be the argument to parse in .htaccess or mysql to convert XFR urls to Gallery ?

Thanks for your support.

The more I use my XenGallery and the more I experience the XenMediaGallery here on the forums, the more I am happy about my choice made before the announcement. This is truly an outstanding addon.

Yes you're correct, there's no relational ID's so that's not useful. It would have to be converted by the addon if it had an importer for the previous format.

Hello ,
facing major issue on item page
this does not occurs on category page

When trying to use sidebar option, ex : change owner link
the option pop up does not show, and the top right wheel keeps turning.

it is a javascript issue i presume but enable to fix it.

please see attached screen :

2015-02-23 16_00_42-.webp

The FF debut Console shows me this alert :

SyntaxError: missing ; before statement asus-g75vw-laptop-teardown-fan-replacement-dc-jack-replacement.1732:20
XenForo.activate(%o) [object HTMLDocument] xenforo.js:220
"XenForo.init() 162ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev" xenforo.js:209
ReferenceError: awesomeTitle is not defined title.min.js:6
Error: Permission denied to access property 'toString'

Re, just an issue with Addon
GoodForNothing Title Manipulator 1.1.0
This addon displays unread message in the browser tab, next to title. Seems a hook is bad coded :)

Hi @sonnb,
Can you please make it so that when we import a thread to the gallery from the thread view, that a job runs to check if theres been any new attachments in that thread and if so, include them in the gallery?

A killer feature would ideally be so that any new attachments in threads automatically get added to the gallery.
It is not what XenGallery planned to do. The importer is just a tool which help administrators to move their current images thread into XenGallery albums, not to tracking or duplicating forum attachment.
Hey @sonnb
Having styling issues recently, not sure why it started. https://wweforums.net/gallery/ you can see there is too much padding on the right.
Can you take a screenshot, I do not see the padding.
I've asked @sonnb if there is a way to do this. Waiting for his answer.
Anyway thanks for the idea.
I will answer you on that thread.

Can you take a screenshot, I do not see the padding.

6SNtRfs.jpg

Hello,
1 + 2: It is fixed length in the database.

If the character description limit and the character comment limit in xengallery is fixed, I would not be able to run a proper import from IP.Gallery where those limits are exceeded since IP.Gallery does not have those limits. Hence the IP.Gallery import would not work?

If that is the case it would be great if the site admin could adjust the limits as he needs.

It is not what XenGallery planned to do. The importer is just a tool which help administrators to move their current images thread into XenGallery albums, not to tracking or duplicating forum attachment.

Ok thats fair enough. But can all attachments then be auto stored in xengallery rather than in the attachment system? That way there would be no duplication.

Just like many other forums, my users do not upload images to the gallery. They upload it into threads since that is where majority of the content goes, and is.

If the character description limit and the character comment limit in xengallery is fixed, I would not be able to run a proper import from IP.Gallery where those limits are exceeded since IP.Gallery does not have those limits. Hence the IP.Gallery import would not work?

If that is the case it would be great if the site admin could adjust the limits as he needs.
Personally I have not try length text yet but I have not received any complain regarding this. Adjustable length is good idea for later.
But can all attachments then be auto stored in xengallery rather than in the attachment system?
A button to upload directly to gallery is planned. User can upload then embed them directly.

My members love the XenGallery but don't use it to display albums in the threads primarily because the photos then don't show up on Tapatalk. That application has large use on my forum (and I'm sure many other forums). If they're embedded directly after using the upload to gallery, I'd highly suggest looking at Tapatalk compatibility for having the images display.

Personally I have not try length text yet but I have not received any complain regarding this. Adjustable length is good idea for later.

Before I purchase this add-on I want to make sure that all my content from IP.Gallery gets transfered to XenGallery which includes image descriptions with more than 2000 characters and image comments with more than 500 characters. Can you asure me that we would not loose any content during the import?

The following permission setting would be nice to have:
- add a user group setting whereas the uploader also has the option to change the photo's owner

Before I purchase this add-on I want to make sure that all my content from IP.Gallery gets transfered to XenGallery which includes image descriptions with more than 2000 characters and image comments with more than 500 characters. Can you asure me that we would not loose any content during the import?

The following permission setting would be nice to have:
I have a try. In case there is any error, I can update to cutoff during the import. It can only truncate content but for cannot take all content if it exceeds the limit.

I have a try. In case there is any error, I can update to cutoff during the import. It can only truncate content but for cannot take all content if it exceeds the limit.

My users would not like it if their content got truncated after the import.

My users would not like it if their content got truncated after the import.
You could start conversation with me, I can show you how to modify the default maximum length. XenGallery could handle it but not in a minor update.

Thanks for your help, sonnb.
I will contact you when I have made up my mind which gallery app I am going to use.

Top Bottom