1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonnb - Prevent double post 1.0.1

Prevent double thread and post due to lag or slow connection

1. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

sonnb submitted a new resource:

sonnb - Prevent double post (version 1.0.0) - Prevent double thread and post due to lag or slow connection

Read more about this resource...

Michael and yavuz like this.
  2. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Very nice sonnb, a good alternative to the currently buggy and unsuported merge double post addon. Instead of promting an error it would be awesome if the messages would get merged with the previous one. Maybe the addon can inherit those feature of the addon I gave the link of. Thanks for making this one available for free :)

3. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

Thanks yavuz for the suggestion.

As I have used "Merge double post" on vBB, this addon's purpose is to merge 2 posts that posted next to together by the same user. While my addon is to prevent double content due to server error, network error or some unexpected errors. By looking at this comparison we can see that they are doing 2 different jobs.

But... it is a good idea to choose which option should make when double post was triggered: Show error or merge posts. Maybe we could see this in the next version (wherever possible).

4. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

I think it could be achieved either way knowing that some admins will prefer this way, perfectly legitimate. Merging option is a more practical approach to prevent double posts and I got use to the other addons way of merging posts. I'm glad you are considering it. I'll keep this thread watched. Thanks again :)

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

So basically I could set the timer to 5 or 10 seconds etc so that a double post isn't made in that time frame?

6. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

Has this been testing on Androids yet? I had an earlier version of this on my site (loved it, by the way) but when users are posting twice from Android it deletes the first post.

If this has been fixed I'm all over it!

edit: This is different than the one I had loaded. The one I had merged double posts. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

7. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

+1 to this.... please

8. chrishill

chrishill Active Member

Great, I have this problem on my forum with people with bad connections/bad computers lol. This should fix it!

:D

9. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

10. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

For now I've installed both

First one (this one) keeps double post from happening in X time ... A default feature in XenForo, but not always 100%

2nd is the merge post mod (which I've always had). Good to help prevent bumping and general abuse.

Would be very thankful if this did both some how, but for now this solution works. :)

11. Zephyr

Zephyr Well-Known Member

Hi, thank for addon :)

French translate =>

you_may_not_perform_this_action_because_double_post

Example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sonnb likes this.
  12. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

Yep. I know that but... he has it so... ^_^

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Got this error when attempting to post three attachments in a private forum where no one has been tagged.

It worked fine after I disabled bdTagMe
    Code:
    The following error occurred:
    Undefined index:

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in bdTagMe/Engine.php at line 153
        bdTagMe_Engine->searchTextForTagged() in bdTagMe/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 18
        bdTagMe_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->set() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 492
        XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in sonnbPreventDoublePost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 35
        sonnbPreventDoublePost_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
        XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
        XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/index.php at line 13 

14. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

This is bgTagMe not this addon :)

15. time

time Active Member

Mình chuyển sang Tiếng Việt ở đâu anh Sơn ơi!
    1. 0.gif

2. 1.gif

Còn nếu tìm trực tiếp you_may_not_perform_this_action_because_double_post trong Team thì không có kết quả.
    2.gif

Anh chỉ giúp mình với

16. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

It's text message so you should change it in Phrases. (Bạn chuyển trong Phrases nhé).

17. time

time Active Member

như hình ở dưới đó anh, click vào đó trắng trơn.

[​IMG]

18. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

You should enable debug mode to see if any error occurred. Maybe have some addons that caused this.
    (Đây là diễn đàng tiếng Anh nên có gì bạn PM hỏi riêng mình nhé, đừng nói tiếng Việt ở đây).

19. Mick West

Mick West Well-Known Member

To make this silently reject double posts instead of giving an error, then in /library/sonnbPreventDoublePost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php function actionAddReply()
    replace the line:
    PHP:
            $this->_assertIsDoublePost($message$visitorId$threadId$timeDiff);
    with
    PHP:
            // Mick Modification to silently ignore double posts (in last 30 seconds, as per above)

if ($post $this->_getPostModel()->isDoublePost($message$visitorId$threadId$timeDiff))
            {

$controllerResponse = new XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect();

$controllerResponse->redirectType XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::SUCCESS;

$controllerResponse->redirectTarget XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:posts'$post);;
                return 
    $controllerResponse;
            }
    Instead of an error it redirects back to the duplicate post, so you get a screen refresh, but it's basically invisible.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
    sonnb and DRE like this.
  20. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Wow that's pretty cool. @sonnb can you add this feature?