XF 1.3 Something *really* odd just happened to a link I posted on my forum

Joe Link

I was sharing Newegg deal with people on my forum, posted this morning. I came back this afternoon, and it was *changed* to a different link (see photo). I clicked the edit button and it pulled up the original link in the edit box (see photo). I clicked save, and it changed it back on the forum. There is no edit history by a moderator.

We do use VigLink, but I've never seen it do that before, and certainly don't want it to do it again. I always knew linksynergy to be OS/browser malware. If it were my computer I'd think it'd hijack the link after I already clicked on it, not changed the appearance of the link itself, within the forum.

I'm really concerned now, and I'd appreciate any insight.

Attachments

• Edit.webp
    Edit.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Link Change.webp
    Link Change.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 9
Disregard, it looks like I figured it out.

VigLink has something called 'Link Optimization', where they'll literally change links posted on your forum to point to higher revenue sites. In this case it was changing a direct link to a $30 cable modem on Newegg, to the same one on a different site for $101. I've never seen this before, and it says it's in beta. Heads up for you VigLink users who don't want this to happen...

Top Bottom