Add-on Someone please update or remake a mailchimp integration add-on

Chernabog

It was really nice having it with XF1 and it's so important to site engagement. Would love to see one with tickable options for either join by user selection at registration or auto-join of all users. Users should be able to check their join status and subscribe/unsusc

So has anyone done this yet? I couldn't find any results in a search. Ideally, it should automatically add a user's email address to a Mailchimp list when they register.

I'm just staring to do actual public XF addons, until now everything I've written was for personal use. But I've got over ten years of professional experience with web development (in particular PHP) and have written a half dozen newsletter integrations... so this seemed like a good place to (publicly) start.

Question: Would a general-purpose newsletter addon be worthwhile? The MC integration you linked has a decent feature set, but I have to believe that it could be expanded on pretty easily. Just not sure what services are worthwhile or how people would want such a product to work.

Question: Would a general-purpose newsletter addon be worthwhile? The MC integration you linked has a decent feature set, but I have to believe that it could be expanded on pretty easily. Just not sure what services are worthwhile or how people would want such a product to work.

Mailchimp integration and features are a GREAT start, but it would be awesome to have an add-on like WP add-ons provide, or even some third party code add-ons give the...

The ability to engage users who visit the site with popup or popout landings that allow them, for example, to spin the prize wheel to get a prize (say it integrated with DBTech credits so they receive whatever amount of credits they land on or nothing is a "sorry try again" space... and then they enter their email address (to join mailing list) and boom they receive the credits allotment....

JUST an idea.... :)

Top Bottom