1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some old pix of me in Alaska

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pk698, Aug 12, 2010.

1. pk698

pk698 Active Member

Was digging through my album and came across some old pix of me when I was in Alaska. Ah, the nostalgia...

Here's a halibut I caught, close to 400 lbs. Took me 2 and a half hour to bring it up. Had 4 other buddies but they didn't want to help. We had 8 large cardboard boxes of fillet.

Here's a pic of a ice berg that looks similar to a walrus. (no, it's not photoshopped). hadn't notice it when I took it, was in a rush to get home so our catch wouldn't spoil.

Me in Prince William Sound, AK.

more ice berg...

A salmon I caught at Blind Slough Rapids in Petersburg, AK. I think he was about 25 lbs. The water there would get warm sometimes (about 60 degrees); and so they become exhausted by it. You can just wade in and grab 'em. No joke. You walk in the water and feel this giant fish hitting your leg. Pretty cool.

KURTZ likes this.
  2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Nice ice burgs.
  3. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

4. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

That big bugger looks like good eating...
  5. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

really impressive pics ... especially the first ... ;)
  6. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I actually clicked this thread because I thought you were the women at your avatar :O
  7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

You don't look anything like your avatar...
    gordy and Abomination like this.
  8. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

Impressive photos :)
  9. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

That seems to be the one disappointment I keep reading around here. :confused:
  10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

11. pk698

pk698 Active Member

Mine was not weighed at that time. I didn't think that it would reach the state record, so I didn't contact fish and game. I regretted it.
  12. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Wait, if you did you would of gotten that 15,000 dollar reward? :p Opps :)
  13. pk698

pk698 Active Member

I said before in another topic: if I'm the woman in the avatar - Then I'd be a lesbian.

It's Eva Wyrwal.
  14. pk698

pk698 Active Member

Yea... that would've bought a lot of twinkies for the wife.