XF 2.1 Some (add-on) phrases get outdated once translated

Aivaras

I'm using the add-on Advanced Forms (v. 2.0.25). Translating some phrases of the add-on makes them outdated:
1573386729417.webp

I've reported the issue to the add-on developer (@ozzy47) and was told it is unlikely to be caused by the add-on. What is causing it then in XF2? Have you had a similar experience? Please, help me to troubleshoot it.

When did you translate the phrases? According to the screenshot the phrases you translated were from version 2.0.25 and were modified in version 2.1.18.3 (which is kinda confusing as version numbers usually are only x.y.z and as far as I can see the latest version of this Add-on is 2.0.25)

Just a couple days ago, after the upgrade to v2.1.5 of XF. And the add-on was upgraded to v2.0.25 some weeks ago. If I revert the phrases they're up-to-date. If I translate them again, they show up as outdated.

When did you translate the phrases? According to the screenshot the phrases you translated were from version 2.0.25 and were modified in version 2.1.18.3 (which is kinda confusing as version numbers usually are only x.y.z and as far as I can see the latest version of this Add-on is 2.0.25)

2.0.25 is the latest version of the addon.

Change, xf-dev:export, xf-addon:export (just in case there are XMLs with the borked version info and you accidently happen to import them), xf-addon:build-release

Find what?
  1. Fix the broken version info in DB
  2. Run php cmd.php xf-dev:export --addon=<addonid> so you have clean development files in _output
  3. Run php cmd.php xf-addon:export <addonid> so you have clean XML files in _data
  4. Run php cmd.php xf-addon:build-release <addonid> to create a new clean ZIP
Alternatively you could fix the files in _output and run xf-dev:import-phrases or if present fix the XML in _data and run xf:addon-rebuild and afterwards do the other necessary steps (eg. dev-export or export and build-release).

Last edited:
Top Bottom