Sold

Sold [Paid] 1.1

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Sold - Allows thread starter or staff to change thread prefix to sold with one click.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Allows thread starter or staff to change thread prefix to sold with one click.

(Example of Sold button)

View attachment 216095

(Example of...

Read more about this resource...

This works nicely. Suggestion for 2 options:

1 - lock the thread after set to sold
2 - don't allow thread to be set to "unsold" by OP

1 - lock the thread after set to sold
This we need also. We're looking to replace a XF 1.x add-on called Mark Thread Done.

We do need thread starter to be able to mark the thread unsold (undone).

BTW, is this stuck on the word "sold"? We need it to say "Completed" instead. I would guess it's just a phrase change? Or is it based on the thread prefix we use?

Do you want the thread prefix or the action link to say "Completed"

For the action link, change the phrase sold_sold
For the prefix, set it to whatever you want and tell the addon the prefix id

I hope Andy will consider adding the options I mentioned above.

I hope Andy will consider adding the options I mentioned above.
The thread locking we need. Plus, if marking "unsold," unlocking the thread again helps us a lot. We use this in a Classifieds area, and sometimes a seller will mark a thread "done" (with XF 1.5.x) before the buyer has had a chance to leave feedback, which requires the thread to be open. So the seller with our current add-on can reopen it briefly for the buyer to leave the feedback. It is helpful since we don't need to have the staff intervene to take care of minor requests like this.

We move sold items to their own forum. I would like to see in addition to or instead of a sold prefix that the thread starter could move the thread to a sold forum

We move sold items to their own forum. I would like to see in addition to or instead of a sold prefix that the thread starter could move the thread to a sold forum
I recently paid for just such an addon. I did not implement it for several reasons, but I'd be glad to put you in touch with the developer.

I recently paid for just such an addon. I did not implement it for several reasons, but I'd be glad to put you in touch with the developer.
Many thanks - but I have no budget for any more paid addons though, already have a licence for Andy's suite.

Many thanks - but I have no budget for any more paid addons though, already have a licence for Andy's suite.
I don't know the typical licensing method for paid addons, but if it's like most work-for-hire products, I own the addon. (Anyone with knowledge of this can chime in here!) I'd be happy to provide the addon to you as-is at no cost.

I don't know the typical licensing method for paid addons, but if it's like most work-for-hire products, I own the addon. (Anyone with knowledge of this can chime in here!) I'd be happy to provide the addon to you as-is at no cost.
Many thanks for the offer, I'll speak via a Conversation.

But ideally I'd still want something does both, allow moving to SOLD forum and applying prefix

I agree. One addon that does everything would be great for anyone who runs a classifieds forum. So, in case Andy is reading, here's the wish list:

Click "Sold" to do at least one, and optionally all of the following
1 - Set a prefix (as the mod does now)
2 - Lock the thread
3 - Move the thread to another forum

Optionally display "Unsold" to do one or more of the following
1 - Remove the prefix (or set to a different prefix)
2 - Unlock the thread

I left #3 off the "Unsold" actions because it would require remembering where the thread came from initially. That would probably require modifying the thread table, and that seems unnecessarily complicating.

Optionally display "Unsold" to do one or more of the following
1 - Remove the prefix (or set to a different prefix)
2 - Unlock the thread

Yes, unfortunately at the moment it removes the Sold prefix when you click the 'Unsold' button and leaves the prefix unset. We ask them to pick a prefix (e.g. 'For Sale', 'Swap', "Free') before it posts it so there is always a prefix so marking Unsold looks wrong without a prefix.

If it could ask the user to pick a prefix before marking it unsold that would be brilliant! :cool:

802099B1-6796-4974-94F2-0476C24F5236.webp

Failing that it needs an optional 'Unsold prefix' (e.g. For Sale) to use. (y)

Alex

I realize I'm digging up a year old thread, but I agree that the ability to lock the thread automatically when it's marked as "SOLD" would be great. In a classified forum the purpose of marking it sold is so people won't continue to post back asking questions and bumping the ad back up to the top.

Thanks!

Suggestion:
I would like to suggest one thing for the future. To only show the SOLD button when certain prefixes are used. Some, it does not pertain to. So if I have FOR SALE, AUCTION, and PROMOTION prefixes, I only want the SOLD button to show in the thread if the user has selected FOR SALE or AUCTION, for example. Thanks!

However we could change the language to Expired and it could be used universally; for sale, wanted, promo, specials. But I also want to keep that suggestion intact as it is most useful for actual sales. :)

Top Bottom