Lack of interest soft ban, soft edit

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by a soft ban? If you mean a ban that isn't permanent, you can do this already in XF1 (and moderators can do it using warning points) and in XF2 moderators will be able to do this directly.

Moderators may now ban users directly (by permission)
While previously moderators could ban users through warning points, they can now manage bans directly if you give them the permission.

https://xf2demo.xenforo.com/threads/whats-new-in-xenforo-2.114/

I'm also not quite sure what you mean by soft edit? If you mean that a post can be rolled back to a previous version (after it has been edited), this can already be done with the Edit History (Edit History needs to be enabled in the ACP and moderators would need to have the "Edit any post" permission).

like i wrote, moderator on probation and option to ban only period of 12/48 hours, edit history(Edit post by anyone) that is option for mods, but where is this option inside ACP?

like i wrote, moderator on probation and option to ban only period of 12/48 hours,
So essentially you're wanting only some ban options (short) for some moderators.

I wouldn't have thought there would be much of a use case for this. If a moderator can ban someone, albeit short bans, then they could just re-ban someone once they come off the ban, essentially giving them the long ban option. You'd need to keep an eye on the moderator logs to ensure someone doesn't do this, in which case you'd just as much spot a moderator making long bans. Ultimately, if you don't trust a moderator, you don't give them the ban option at all.

Anyway, we'll see if anyone else likes this idea.

edit history(Edit post by anyone) that is option for mods, but where is this option inside ACP?
Use the ACP search for "Edit History" to find it.

this is inside login options i figure, so default setup will ok?
You set the edit history to whatever you want. If you think that you may want to revert a post edit that someone made more than 60 days ago (I think that's the default?) then increase it to suit your needs.

Top Bottom