1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Status Updater [Paid] 2.0

Allow your users to post their XenForo status updates to their Facebook and Twitter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Chris Deeming submitted a new resource:

Social Status Updater (version 1.0) - Allow your users to post their XenForo status updates to their Facebook and Twitter.

Read more about this resource...

Eagle, 8thos, ArnyVee and 1 other person like this.
  2. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Very nice.

One suggestion. If this is activated, wouldn't it make sense to make the maximum status length shorter by how ever many characters you add on with your site name to avoid any cut offs?

Chris D likes this.
  3. Chris D

I thought about this... There were three options:

1) Trim
    2) Have the via text pre-populated in the status field
    3) Reduce max limit

I went with 1. Obviously the problem with number 2 is the user could just delete it. The only problem with number 3 is that there is no limit on Facebook so the Facebook post will always be complete so we'd be restricting people's Facebook statuses unnecessarily.

I do like number 3 as an option... Maybe I will configure different behaviours as an admin option.

4. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

I have no idea why I keep purchasing these, but kudos. Thank you for the continual development of add-ons. Very much appreciated.

8thos and Chris D like this.
  5. Chris D

:LOL:

I think my next release will cost £100. At least I can rely on stewart1champ to purchase it :ROFLMAO:

Thanks dude, I hope you will actually use these one day. Your custom is much appreciated. Thank you.

ArnyVee and Sylar like this.
  6. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Tired of seeing everyone release great items, pirates getting them and releasing them, causing great devs to stop with their work. I figure at least I can contribute for the effort...

Mutt, Sadik B, ShadyX and 3 others like this.
  7. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Another fun little toy to add to my collection. :)

8thos, Chris D and Sylar like this.
  8. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

The feeling is mutual :D I already love what I read and on my way to purchase it :) Thanks for making such nice addons Chris (y)

9. Chris D

Thanks yavuz...

And I'm even working on a certain add-on right now, you'll be pleased to hear ;)

yavuz likes this.
  10. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Another solid effort! Great work Chris! :)

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

12. RobinHood

RobinHood Well-Known Member

Another corker, thanks for commissioning it 8thos and thanks for developing it Chris!

13. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

I'm continually getting the following error message;

PHP:
    Server Error

Undefined index
    oauth_token

XenForo_Application
    ::handlePhpError() in SocialStatusUpdater/twitter/twitteroauth.php at line 118
    TwitterOAuth
    ->getAccessToken() in SocialStatusUpdater/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 142
    SocialStatusUpdater_ControllerPublic_Account
    ->actionTwitterCallback() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController
    ->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController
    ->run() in /home/xxxx/public_html/index.php at line 13

14. Chris D

I believed I had fixed that one...

But anyway, the cause is likely that you've not updated the Admin CP options with the correct Twitter Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.

You need to first set up a Twitter App here: https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new

First page should look like this:
    SSUApp1.PNG

Once created, go into Settings and change the permissions to this:
    SSUApp2.PNG

Then on the application details page, you need the consumer key and secret from here:

SSUApp3.PNG

And insert them into Admin CP Options here:

SSUApp4.PNG

Eagle and 8thos like this.
  15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Damn that was fast.

ArnyVee and Chris D like this.
  16. Chris D

If someone is kind enough to pay for my work, I can be kind enough to reply as fast as is humanly possible :)

17. jadmperry

jadmperry Well-Known Member

Purchased and downloaded....will let you know how it works. Thanks!

Chris D likes this.
  18. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Problem solved now thank you but I have a suggestion or an idea for you; Can you add the new feature for Tumblr "Post to Tumblr"? it's possible for this add-on? This would be great if this can be done. Thanks.

19. jadmperry

Well, this seems to works great!!....I am ambivalent (towards myself, not the add-on, of not truly understanding a bunch of the add-ons that I really like, but did not understand fully until I installed) about the explanation of this...but I really like this in practice. (Not a dig on anyone, it may be either reading comprehension problem on my part, or tiredness).

Either way, I see huge usefulness of this and great potential. I will update with my experiences.

20. jadmperry

I may have spoken to soon...the fb part seems to work well. I updated/input all the info for Twitter, but it does not seem to tweet my status. Will see if I can't figure this out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.