Social Networking Media Website for Young Adults

Andrew

Hi everyone,

My name is Andrew and I am developing a social networking media website for young adults (ages 16-36). My goal is to have this website opened and running by my birthday March 12, 2011. I do not wish to list the name or url of the website at this time.

I am looking for information that will help me design more efficient and easy to navigate websites. I don't need photoshop tutorials but articles on how to create websites that people like. It is a fact that most people in the world like the color blue. Thus is a reason why Facebook is blue and white.

I feel in order to make a successful website you have to make a great first impression. And that isn't easy. Ya I can design a crazy layout that scrolls sideways instead of up and down, but some users with slow connections would download the page slow.

Who knows how much time it takes before a user leaves your website because of loading times?

If anyone has some good articles and books on topics similar to these I would be very grateful. Who ever suggest the best material i'll take your logo and design in into a 3d logo. :)

Thanks,
Andrew

Top Bottom