1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Networking Media Website for Young Adults

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andrew, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Andrew and I am developing a social networking media website for young adults (ages 16-36). My goal is to have this website opened and running by my birthday March 12, 2011. I do not wish to list the name or url of the website at this time.

I am looking for information that will help me design more efficient and easy to navigate websites. I don't need photoshop tutorials but articles on how to create websites that people like. It is a fact that most people in the world like the color blue. Thus is a reason why Facebook is blue and white.

I feel in order to make a successful website you have to make a great first impression. And that isn't easy. Ya I can design a crazy layout that scrolls sideways instead of up and down, but some users with slow connections would download the page slow.

Who knows how much time it takes before a user leaves your website because of loading times?

If anyone has some good articles and books on topics similar to these I would be very grateful. Who ever suggest the best material i'll take your logo and design in into a 3d logo. :)