Social Groups?

FredC

Ive noticed at least three in the RM.. The free version by Waindigo isnt an option for me so that leaves Social Groups 1.1.1 by Snog and [Nobita Social Groups (Teams) Really all its needed for is to move some of our more risky off topic discussion out of the main forums. And give the users a bit more control over their content..

I suppose either would do just fine but was wondering what if anything about either of these anyone really likes or dislikes.. In other words before i bust out the CC id like to know which ones everyone prefers and why..

Thanks in advance..

Nobita Socal Groups is 60 a year to renew? What kind of developing is it going to be getting each year? I would ask before you get hooked into paying 60 a year for upgrades. If your happy with what they tell you it looks nice.

2014-11-03_16-38-43.webp

It's really not the only thing to think about. Upgrade cost on a fine piece of software may be worth it . But upgrade costs do affect your bottom line.

It's really not the only thing to think about. Upgrade cost on a fine piece of software may be worth it . But upgrade costs do affect your bottom line.
Agreed.. But in this case IMO both were comparable for my very simple needs in a social group plugin so that little Gem in this case was what tipped the scales in favor of one over the other..

We are a Breed specific dog forum but in the off topics section anything goes.. However my members are mostly made up of republicans and the democrats are outnumbered 5 to 1 and once they take a smack down in a political threads they just seem to never return... Kinda hoping moving these out of the forum will slow this trend down some..

we work to dang hard for good traffic to watch them walk right out the back door..

off topic sub-forums are a risky element to host for that very reason. we've tried it but there are always members that are just waiting for opportunities to digress from the topic of the site and the results are almost always bad! :cry:

Top Bottom