Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Thanks for all the information. I have purchased your addon to see if it is what I need.
In regards to importing vbulletin groups: If I can retain the IDs of the groups, then I would be able to do a simple htaccess redirection without the need for a redirection script for the groups itself. Grou0p threads would still need a redirection script.
But retaining the group discussion ID's would overwrite forum threads. So I assume that I cant select 'retain IDs' in the importer.

Is there a possibility to retain the group ID's, but not the group discussion IDs?

Also: if I uninstall this addon, then will it remove all data? (this would allow me to run several tests)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information. I have purchased your addon to see if it is what I need.
In regards to importing vbulletin groups: If I can retain the IDs of the groups, then I would be able to do a simple htaccess redirection without the need for a redirection script for the groups itself. Grou0p threads would still need a redirection script.
But retaining the group discussion ID's would overwrite forum threads. So I assume that I cant select 'retain IDs' in the importer.

Is there a possibility to retain the group ID's, but not the group discussion IDs?

Also: if I uninstall this addon, then will it remove all data? (this would allow me to run several tests)
Group IDs can't be retained with the importer. Or at least they shouldn't be retained the way it's written. For me to double check that, I would have to install vB on my development server again. It hasn't been on there in over a year. And it may not even be possible any more because I run PHP 7 on my development server.

Also going from memory here, vB groups did not ever have threads associated with them. They were Group Discussions which would be imported into the Social Group discussion system, not the Social Group thread system.

Uninstalling the add-on will remove all data.

Last edited:
I see. Can we disable group discussions completely? The reason I initially opted for nobita groups was that it allowed me to use threads within the forum. IMHO having discussions outside the forum is what made vbulletin groups a failure.

Is there an importer from nobita groups? I had an importer from vbulletin to nobita created. This imports vb group discussions into group threads. If there is an importer for nobita groups, then I could import from vbulletin to nobita to snog and have group threads this way.

I do not see a Social Groups settings in /admin.php?applications/
Have I missed a permission somewhere or is this not implemented?

There isn't an importer from Nobitas group system. Nobody has been willing to provide a copy for me to create one.

All of the settings are in Home/Options. See the README.TXT file for setup instructions.

There is another way around this. If you import using Nobita's importer rename the forums that were imported, then move the threads from that into the proper group forum after it's created in my add-on.

That would probably work! :)

If there is another way, then that would be optimal as I have 500 groups.
Would I still be able to import media from vb?

Would I still be able to import media from vb?
Using my importer? Group photos? Yes, they would go into the group photo album. I would imagine other media in the forum threads would already be imported with the importer for Nobita's groups.

The only thing that is open if you want to call it a bug is I need to add an error trap for when the PC sender is not set properly in the options for the add-on.

Would it not be possible to send them from the group owner/user sending the invite? It would save having to create a pc sender, etc and would eliminate the task of adding an error trap.

Nobita uses XFMG for media.
So if I understand correctly the way to do this is:
  1. Import from vb to nobita groups.
  2. Import from vb to snog groups and skip group discussions.
  3. Manually move 4000 threads from 500 nobita groups forums to the equivalent snog group forums.
  4. Remove the nobita group thread identifier from xf_thread to avoid deletion of group threads at uninstall
  5. Uninstall nobita groups.
Due to the amount of threads and my CTS, I am not yet sure if this is feasible. I will have to check.

Would it not be possible to send them from the group owner/user sending the invite? It would save having to create a pc sender, etc and would eliminate the task of adding an error trap.
There are system generated PCs that need to be sent to the group owner. Since you can't send a PC to yourself, the automated PC sender is needed.

Hi

Can Social Groups hide the bread crumbs in the url, so it is not visible ?

Thanks
I don't understand what you're asking. Breadcrumbs aren't in the URL.

If you're asking if breadcrumbs in general can be hidden, no they can't.

I don't understand what you're asking. Breadcrumbs aren't in the URL.

If you're asking if breadcrumbs in general can be hidden, no they can't.
Can groups be in a framed page, so you can see the main website, but not where the groups is linked within the framed page?

for-instance, if a member has a personal web site, can they frame the group in a page and display a group within their website page?

Thanks

Can groups be in a framed page, so you can see the main website, but not where the groups is linked within the framed page?

for-instance, if a member has a personal web site, can they frame the group in a page and display a group within their website page?

Thanks
I've never tried it. But, since a member has to meet the criteria to view a group I doubt it can be done. And it is outside the scope of the add-on, so it's not something I would support.

I've never tried it. But, since a member has to meet the criteria to view a group I doubt it can be done. And it is outside the scope of the add-on, so it's not something I would support.
Isn't a framed in page, still a main website / forum page, just with a different header?

Top Bottom