Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

You would create the group and them move all of the threads from the old forum into the group forum.

People that participated in the threads that want to be members of the group would still need to join the newly created group.

Yes, figured that out last night after installing the addon.

What about view "new posts"? Is there anything specific to the setup that will allow people in groups to see group posts when they are viewing "new posts", but prevent them from showing up for others who are not part of the group? I want to keep the posts visible to those not in the groups, but don't really want them showing up when they click on the new posts link on the forum.

What about view "new posts"? Is there anything specific to the setup that will allow people in groups to see group posts when they are viewing "new posts", but prevent them from showing up for others who are not part of the group? I want to keep the posts visible to those not in the groups, but don't really want them showing up when they click on the new posts link on the forum.
If someone is a member of the group, new posts should be showing up in the new post list. If they are not a member of the group, then posts will not show in the list.

The only way someone not in the group can view posts is if the group is not a private group.

The only way someone not in the group can view posts is if the group is not a private group.
That is where I ran into my issue. I was hoping to have some groups that weren't private, yet keep the posts from showing up in the unread posts for those who weren't in the group. Thought maybe I was just missing a setting somewhere, but thanks for clarifying it for me.

Ok, one more question and I think I will be all set.

Is there somewhere that I can set this where group members can delete posts? I tried setting it in the category permissions, but it doesn't transfer down to the group forums.

Ok, one more question and I think I will be all set.

Is there somewhere that I can set this where group members can delete posts? I tried setting it in the category permissions, but it doesn't transfer down to the group forums.
The ability to delete posts/threads is intentionally removed in social groups to prevent people from maliciously deleting group information.

However, if you want to permanently re-enable it, set the permissions for the category and then edit the library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php file and locate this:
Code:
protected $_nodeMemberPermissions = array(
   'general' => array('viewNode' => 'content_allow'),
   'forum' => array(
       'viewOthers' => 'content_allow',
       'viewContent' => 'content_allow',
       'like' => 'content_allow',
       'postThread' => 'content_allow',
       'postReply' => 'content_allow',
       'deleteOwnPost' => 'reset',
       'editOwnPost' => 'content_allow',
       'deleteOwnThread' => 'reset',
       'editOwnPostTimeLimit' => 0,
       'editOwnThreadTitle' => 'reset',
       'viewAttachment' => 'content_allow',
       'uploadAttachment' => 'content_allow',
       'votePoll' => 'content_allow',
       'manageAnyThread' => 'reset',
       'stickUnstickThread' => 'reset',
       'viewDeleted' => 'reset',
       'viewModerated' => 'reset',
       'undelete' => 'reset',
       'approveUnapprove' => 'reset',
       'lockUnlockThread' => 'reset',
       'hardDeleteAnyThread' => 'reset',
       'hardDeleteAnyPost' => 'reset',
       'editAnyPost' => 'reset',
       'deleteAnyThread' => 'reset',
       'deleteAnyPost' => 'reset',
       'warn' => 'reset')
);
And change it to this (both threads and posts may be deleted):
Code:
protected $_nodeMemberPermissions = array(
   'general' => array('viewNode' => 'content_allow'),
   'forum' => array(
       'viewOthers' => 'content_allow',
       'viewContent' => 'content_allow',
       'like' => 'content_allow',
       'postThread' => 'content_allow',
       'postReply' => 'content_allow',
       'deleteOwnPost' => 'content_allow',
       'editOwnPost' => 'content_allow',
       'deleteOwnThread' => 'content_allow',
       'editOwnPostTimeLimit' => 0,
       'editOwnThreadTitle' => 'reset',
       'viewAttachment' => 'content_allow',
       'uploadAttachment' => 'content_allow',
       'votePoll' => 'content_allow',
       'manageAnyThread' => 'reset',
       'stickUnstickThread' => 'reset',
       'viewDeleted' => 'reset',
       'viewModerated' => 'reset',
       'undelete' => 'reset',
       'approveUnapprove' => 'reset',
       'lockUnlockThread' => 'reset',
       'hardDeleteAnyThread' => 'reset',
       'hardDeleteAnyPost' => 'reset',
       'editAnyPost' => 'reset',
       'deleteAnyThread' => 'reset',
       'deleteAnyPost' => 'reset',
       'warn' => 'reset')
);
Note that this will not change existing members. To change existing members edit their user permissions in the group node from the XF admin screen.

Hi,
I just started using "Social Groups". A problem occured, which I cannot get rid of: In a Group there can be uploaded photos in the photogallery but they can not be opened. Xenforo gives out a server error. Can someone help me? :-(
For more information I uploaded screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-02-03 15.37.23.webp
    Screenshot 2017-02-03 15.37.23.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2017-02-03 15.37.33.webp
    Screenshot 2017-02-03 15.37.33.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2017-02-03 15.40.56.webp
    Screenshot 2017-02-03 15.40.56.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi,
I just started using "Social Groups". A problem occured, which I cannot get rid of: In a Group there can be uploaded photos in the photogallery but they can not be opened. Xenforo gives out a server error. Can someone help me? :-(
For more information I uploaded screenshots.
Oh boy, this could be a problem on my end.

What version of PHP are you running?

That ist Php 5.5.4
arraycolumn.webp

The error you are getting (Call to undefined function 'array_column') is telling me that your PHP version is lower than PHP 5.5.

You might want to double check your PHP version with your host. The array_column function was added in PHP 5.5.

Just to make things easier, I've uploaded a hot fix to my download server. Download the add-on and just upload the PHP files to your server. The problem should be fixed.

@Snog What are you plans for development of this addon for XF1?
Is there a bug tracker visible somewhere? Are there any open bug reports?

I have not checked out this addon for quite some time and really like how you have enhanced it. I am testing it out on your website.

I am considering this addon for my big board instead of Nobita groups, but there are some essential functions that I wonder about:
  1. Is it possible to set a language per group? <html lang="en"> Many of our groups are related to a country / language.
  2. What control does the website admin and staff have over groups?
  3. Are there bd widgets for groups?
  4. Does the vb3 importer work well?
Are you planning integration with XFMG instead of group albums?
Are any special things required for big boards? We have 500 groups. Some groups have 1100 members.

@Snog What are you plans for development of this addon for XF1?
Can I assume you mean XF2 since this is an XF1 add-on?

I have it scheduled to be updated to XF2 as the 3rd add-on to be updated.
Is there a bug tracker visible somewhere?
Sorry, no. Bugs are usually handled immediately, or as close to it as possible. So the only public record is in the add-on threads here or on my site, which I do review from time to time to be sure I haven't missed anything.
Are there any open bug reports?
No.

The only thing that is open if you want to call it a bug is I need to add an error trap for when the PC sender is not set properly in the options for the add-on.
I have not checked out this addon for quite some time and really like how you have enhanced it. I am testing it out on your website.

I am considering this addon for my big board instead of Nobita groups, but there are some essential functions that I wonder about:

Is it possible to set a language per group? <html lang="en"> Many of our groups are related to a country / language.
It's not possible to set the language on a per group basis.
What control does the website admin and staff have over groups?
Admins have full control of the groups. Other staff do not have access of any kind unless they are a member of the group. And if they are a member, their powers do not extend to the group. They must be appointed as a group moderator either by the group owner or an admin.
Are there bd widgets for groups?
Sorry no, and none are planned.
Does the vb3 importer work well?
I've not had any reports of it not working. So I would say yes. (there was one error report, but I never heard from the user about it again)
Are you planning integration with XFMG instead of group albums?
Sorry, there are no plans to integrate with XFMG. But it has been requested in the past and is on the wish list.
Are any special things required for big boards? We have 500 groups. Some groups have 1100 members.
Nothing special is needed. The system has been tested on 2 sites. On a test site with 2.1 million posts, 186,000 threads and 1124 social groups. And on a live site with 5.1 million posts, 360,000 threads and over 1000 social groups.

Thanks for the information.
Can I assume you mean XF2 since this is an XF1 add-on?
I dont expect to be upgrading to XF2 before 2018. My concern is for XF1 development. I ask because various developers have stopped releasing updates for their XF1 addons. Do you expect to release new features for Social Groups for XenForo 1?

Reactions: HWS
Thanks for the information.

I dont expect to be upgrading to XF2 before 2018. My concern is for XF1 development. I ask because various developers have stopped releasing updates for their XF1 addons. Do you expect to release new features for Social Groups for XenForo 1?
It all depends on requests from users. If there are enough to warrant an update with new features, I most likely will add them.

But with the developer release of 2.0 my main focus right now is learning that system and updating existing add-ons for 2.0.

Top Bottom