So I think I discovered a cool feature

Brent W

I was rebuilding my elastic search index and forgot to edit the line for the xenTag add-on so the rebuild failed when it got to that part.

Went and disabled the addon(don't really use it on this site), clicked back on the Rebuild Caches link and it popped up a window that seemed to pick up from where it left off. Is this what happened? If so, cool.

I was rebuilding my elastic search index and forgot to edit the line for the xenTag add-on so the rebuild failed when it got to that part.

Went and disabled the addon(don't really use it on this site), clicked back on the Rebuild Caches link and it popped up a window that seemed to pick up from where it left off. Is this what happened? If so, cool.
This is more of a side effect of 1.2's new Deferred Tasks system (or whatever you call it).

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/assorted-small-things.48937/#post-524533

New general-purpose system for long running processes
1.2 adds a new "deferred" system for running any code that can be broken up into pieces and may take a long time (multiple seconds or more) to run. Deferred tasks can be triggered automatically by the code as necessary and they will either be run automatically in the background (by page views) or by displaying the current running state to the administrator (in the case of some cache rebuilds). This effectively unifies the cache rebuild systems with cron and other potentially long running processes (such as the bulk user change system discussed in the past).

Top Bottom