So i reached the 100€/day AdSense goal today.

I got burned by adsense. I had about 150 GBP saved up on there and one day I noticed a massive spike in the impression rate. The next day I logged in to find they had suspended my account due to 'illegal impressions', so I made an appeal and after 4 months later - still no reply. Because I live in Japan the adsense team in japan were dealing with the complaint. So I posted on the google boards and they said just wait. 8 months later I get an email from them telling me that my appeal has been denied due to illegal impressions from the UK, but when I submitted my claim it states that 'your IP address has been collected', so they knew that I live the other side of the world and still banned ME. So now I cannot use adsense on any site that I ever own. Also I found that my search results dropped in google too, so I have lost out in hits for something I never did.

I won't support google adsense again - plus all they did was give me bloody adverts for handbags. Oh, and the worst thing is they keep sending me adsense emails that I cannot turn off because they have blocked my account.

I moved over to amazon affiliates and that seems to work well sometimes.
You're not alone. Competitive webmasters can click on your ads and get you banned. I know this happens and I actually have experienced it myself. They claim to have a system in place to check that, but in practice they just look at any IP address that is listed 'too much' in a row.

It's the weak point in the whole AdSense system, but they will never admit that.

I could even understand this if they would allow for a second chance, but once you're banned, you're banned for life.

You're not alone. Competitive webmasters can click on your ads and get you banned. I know this happens and I actually have experienced it myself. They claim to have a system in place to check that, but in practice they just look at any IP address that is listed 'too much' in a row.

It's the weak point in the whole AdSense system, but they will never admit that.

I could even understand this if they would allow for a second chance, but once you're banned, you're banned for life.

Actually I think you are spot on. I think it was a rival website owner.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to create a new account with a totally different google account? Or are they likely to check my IP again? I wouldn't mind having some google ads on a new domain I'm working on

So now I cannot use adsense on any site that I ever own.
Oh, and the worst thing is they keep sending me adsense emails that I cannot turn off because they have blocked my account.

Yes the adsense people can be incredibly inhuman at times. But dont let that put you off. You can still make good money out of adsense. Just ask a close friend or relative to get a adsense account registered in their name with your sites name and use that account. The cheques will land up in that persons name though and they will have to transfer the money to you.

Hove you tried blocking out the e-mails by using the spam filter ?

Just ask a close friend or relative to get a adsense account registered in their name with your sites name and use that account. The cheques will land up in that persons name though and they will have to transfer the money to you.
That does get a bit sticky during tax time. In the US anyway.

Top Bottom