1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So are there enough sales for XenForo development to continue?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Peter-Jan, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Peter-Jan

Peter-Jan Member

Although I'm under the impression that XenForo sold a good amount of licenses already, I'd like to see a quick confirmation from the XenForo team that they are happy with the company revenue and growth so far.

Last week I read a comment by one of the developers (can't remember who) that depending on those numbers, XenForo would either A. stop developing B. continue developing C. hire more quickly as expected to develop even faster.

So, in short, can XenForo confirm A is not the case and (less importantly) whether B or C is more likely?

2. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Yes, Kier can live off of a few cans of Tuna and crackers, as long as the server is paid for XF will go on.
  3. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I'm assuming all is fine as they're still developing after the pre-sale, I'm sure they made an okay figure (say around £20,000 on pre-sale day)
  4. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I know for a fact he has already made well over $5,000 in the first month. I think thats pretty damn good start. :)
  5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Development is going forward. :)
    Peter-Jan, Brentnauer and Dean like this.
  6. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Not really, Kier is from England, UK - $5,000 at todays exchange rates equals to about £3,100 - Now, that in one month for coders of Kier, Mike, and Ashley's standards? not worth it. They will be looking to double that figure each month I'm sure. Else they would just shut up shop and work for Microsoft/Facebook and earn alot more than £3,100 p/m
  7. Brentnauer

Brentnauer Well-Known Member

LOL I'm sure they sold more than 35 licenses.
  8. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

And maybe Kier could afford to buy a pair of shoes. :)
    DoctorWatsOn likes this.
  9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

LOL... if he wanted any, that is.
  10. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

oooh the language. :D
  11. maidos

maidos Active Member

rather see official response from kier,mike or ash. Other members replies arent that assuring at all as thats wildly based on assumptions
  12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

My post is not an assumption. :)
    Peter-Jan likes this.
  13. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

This is a start up company with a "so called lawsuit" in the pipeline, I highly doubt they are going to comment about sales of the script.
    Peggy likes this.
  14. copiertalk

copiertalk Member

I have a few more earthly bills like electricity and rent to pay but I am putting a license in the budget so I can monitor development.
    Dean likes this.
  15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Hey! Glad to see you here. :)
  16. copiertalk

copiertalk Member

:D I have been Lurking for a while. I am glad to see you are sill involved in the forum/website community.

The recent news has brought me out into the open. I am watching and hoping xenforo grows into a robust platform for my communities. It looks impressive so far and I can not wait to see where the developers go with future plans and resources.
    Peggy and anotheralias like this.