So... anyone like sports? My forum could use another tech guy.

Ruven

No, this isnt a sports conversation thread.
I have a sports forum, usually somewhere between 20-40 members online at any given time.
Used to be a lot busier, but the move to vB4 really turned a lot of people off.
Site got buggy, updates would create more bugs, search didnt work, site seemed slower after the upgrade (probably the CMS issues), and we lost a lot of members to rival sites still on vB3.8 or IPB.

Anyhow, i just wanted to see if anyone in here enjoys talking sports and might want to lend a hand with some of the more technical areas of things.
My skills are pretty rudimentary and consist of reading then sorta learning followed by copy and then paste :D
I could use some extra help, specially with things like server management and stuff like that.
My site is called dailysportspages.com
Its a little behind with the updates as im pretty disillusioned with all things vB, its made me a bit apathetic.
We have a very relaxed moderating approach, we try to let users police themselves as much as possible, have the mod walk softly while carrying a big stick that he only uses in emergencies... that type of thing.

Might be a nice opportunity to get familiar with xF for some who is interested in working with xF when it comes out but is not yet ready to move their sites till after xF gets galleries/groups/X feature.
I could use any help i can get.

(If this is inappropriate i totally understand Peggy, delete away!)

Not seeing a whole lot of cricket on there, you do know the Country Championship is about to finish :p
lol
i think we have a total of 3 active members from Oceania and a few Brits here and there... once in a while one of them will come in talking about batting average against a certain bowler. Yeah, that confuses the hell out of people.
They think the guy is talking about a new hybrid of baseball and bowling.
But give us a couple more decades, we finally starting to get the whole socce.... errr i mean football thing.

lol
i think we have a total of 3 active members from Oceania and a few Brits here and there... once in a while one of them will come in talking about batting average against a certain bowler. Yeah, that confuses the hell out of people.
They think the guy is talking about a new hybrid of baseball and bowling.
But give us a couple more decades, we finally starting to get the whole socce.... errr i mean football thing.

Oh don't worry it gets more confusing down under. We have Rugby, not to be confused with League, League or Mungoball, Aussie Rules otherwise known as Football, and Soccer/Football.

Top Bottom