So anyone excited by Pirates 4 with one Mr Depp opening this week?

Jethro

Have tickets to tonight's opening screening and looking forward to the latest adventures of Capt Jack and crew. The whole gang are going to this one!

Yes I know some know it all Critics are bashing the movie, but they should extract the carrot and go see the movie as intended, i.e to have a couple of fun filled hours rather than expecting to see a future Oscar winner.

Have tickets to tonight's opening screening and looking forward to the latest adventures of Capt Jack and crew. The whole gang are going to this one!

Yes I know some know it all Critics are bashing the movie, but they should extract the carrot and go see the movie as intended, i.e to have a couple of fun filled hours rather than expecting to see a future Oscar winner.
I was going to see the pre-screening with my dad, but we're shunning each other at the moment.

My dad does most of the props for the pirate movies, so I saw the pre-screening of the last 3 movies.

Johnny Depp's a great actor/character.

We'll be watching POTC4 for sure.

Last movie we watched with JD in was The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
If you like Terry Gilliam then make sure you see it.

We're mildly interested here. I wouldn't go so far as to say we're excited.

I'm with Shelley, the sequels weren't quite as good as we'd hoped they be. Compared to the original, they lacked the focus that a genre film needs. There are things one needs to have in a pirate movie, and things best left out. One wouldn't try to blend elements of Waiting for Godot into an Indy Jones movie and expect it do be successful.

And I think the relationships between the three main characters were an essential element of the series. A movie with Jack Sparrow won't necessarily be a Pirates of the Caribbean movie, regardless of what they want to call it.

But I'm sure we'll see it, 'cause Johnny Depp as Captain Jack is just so dang fun to watch. ;)
Last movie we watched with JD in was The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
That was a great movie, Brogan!

The wife and I are still sad that we may never get to see Mr. Depp in La Mancha. :(

It has a decent imdb.com rating (7.7 / 3k votes) where it got sunk in rottentomatos.com (%35). One of the situations where you have to decite either to belive the audience or the critics. I prefer the first one.

+1

The rottentomatoes critics tend to get on bandwagons and make their minds up before seeing movies. Already seeing Critics claiming it's too complex, hand in your review card if you think a big Boredwood cookie cutter is complex, too light on character development, it's got Capt. Jack who cares, etc.

Last time I looked the RT member score was pretty high, 96% right now, so take from that what you want.

Not at all concerned that Bloom, can't act, or Knightly aren't in the movie.

Expecting biggest opener of the year thus far :)

Looks like a good movie, it's one I'll be watching!

The last Harry Potter movie is due out soon and Transformers as well. :)

I'm not all that concerned that Bloom and Knightly aren't in the movie; it's their characters I'll miss.

Now if the writers manage to come up with interesting new characters, I may change my tune.

I think they should do another story with a lot more of Keith Richards, really. :D

EDIT: Wait, is he in this one? I hadn't heard that. Okay, now we're excited!

*yawn*

Right.. back on topic...

I actually really disliked the first movie, the first time I saw it.. mainly because I thought Johnny Depp was such a buffoon in it, and that annoyed me as I have always rated him very highly as an actor... I didn't realise the whole Keith Richards thing.

The second movie was ok, the third movie was great.. will wait and see about the 4th!

Top Bottom