1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMF -> XF

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Thronk, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Thronk

Thronk Member

Is there a converter for Simple Machines forum to XenForo?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not a direct importer. But you can do a double import by way of another supported platform like vB, IPB, or phpBB. How big is your forum? I can do the import for you if you want. I have done several SMF imports by way of vB.

Shelley likes this.
  3. Thronk

Thronk Member

It's not very big, roughly 20 members right now. I wouldn't like my members to register once again. Best time to do the 'upgrade' forum before we get more members. I suppose I can get a copy of phpBB import SMF to it, then PhpBB to Xenforo like you said.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Be mindful about the user passwords. Sometimes they don't survive a double import. The passwords survive through vB. I'm not sure about phpBB.

Shelley likes this.
  5. Cory Booth

Cory Booth Well-Known Member

I just converted a SMF into XF using gConverter services. ($75.00)
    They did a good job.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  6. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Active Member

There's one that doesn't do everything if you search these forums because I went from SMF to XenForo using it. Think it rubbed the polls but I wasn't that bothered by that.

7. Thronk

Thronk Member

After some thought, I've decided to create from scratch. Members had to register one last time, and there wasn't much forum content that was important. Thanks for the help, hope other's searching for smf -> xf will find this usefull

8. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to XenForo :)

9. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Active Member

Just in case you change your mind: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/smf-2-importer.7630/